Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide bite

Latham44

I realize this has been talked about a lot, but I came up with something that’s helped me and I wanted to share.  I have larger hands and grip very high on the frame.  It seems obvious that all I would need to do is add one of the beaver tails and everything should be ok.  Problem is, when I have a beaver tail on, I seem to shoot left.  If I take it off I am now back on target, but the slide gets me.  What I’ve done is cut the beaver tail off about 1/4” below where the pinhole is.  This is so I can get protection from the slide and hit my target since it’s not “altering” the way I grip the pistol.  I realize some people blame slide bite on improper grip, and that may be the case, but this works well for me.  I just wanted to post this in case anyone was still having issues and don’t really like the “change” a different blackstrap gives you.

Handy tip. Before Glock started including a beaver tail option a couple of companies came out with products like that (like the grip force adapter) that gave the guns beaver tail but stupors just under the trigger pin. Seems to be a pretty functional design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk