Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Georgia 3 gun?

I have a buddy that stationed at Moody in Georgia that is trying to get some info on places that might be close to him to go shoot monthly 3 gun or USPSA. Does anyone have any info that I can pass on to him? Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I don't know of anything in South Georgia, but Northern Florida may have some options for him. For 3-Gun in Georgia there is one monthly match, Atlanta 3 Gun, about 30 mins southeast of Atlanta. There are 2 matches that are currently quarterly, Georgia Mountain Shooting Assoc (GMSA) and Riverbend, both in the foothills of the mountains. There is also a monthly match near Gainesville that they call "Tactical Rifle" which is not standard 3-Gun (not much shotgun, vickers limited scoring). 

Theres also a quarterly match close by in South Carolina in Greenville, and a monthly match close to Georgia at the CMP marksmanship park near Talladega in Alabama. 

Edited to Add: There were rumors late in 2019 that 3 Gun Nation was changing ownership and they were going to start running matches at Arena down in Blakely, but I'm not sure where that stands or if they just meant major matches. That would be pretty close to Moody AFB. 

Edited by Blockader