Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta gunsmithing help

1911vm

I am not a huge beretta guy. But a friend of mine who was,  he pastaway  after a long battle cancer.  I was able to find of his guns at a gun store. And now want to rebuild it. I considered Wilson Combat . He was a master level IDPA shooter. So I would want to build a gun for that. 

Any input would be great.   Thank you very much. 

2 minutes ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

These guys specialize in Beretta pistols:  https://alleghenyarms.com/custom-berettas/

You already listed Wilson Combat.

Ernest Langdon is considered the Beretta  92 guru.  I'd call him first.                https://www.langdontactical.com/products/gunsmithing/

Forgot about Langdon....another good choice.

I'm not sure what you mean by "rebuild" but, depending on what you want done, you may not have to send it to anyone. With a couple of YouTube videos and some tools you can install Langdon's "Trigger Job in a Bag" yourself. Berettas (I assume it's a 92) are very easy to work on. I've had work done by Josh at Allegheny Arms and recommend him highly. Plus, if you are in Connecticut shipping to Allegheny could be relatively less expensive than other options.

On 2/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, 1911vm said:

great thanks . I totally forgot about Langdon also. I meet him a few times back when he used to shoot  IDPA .  Great guy took me aside to show me what i was doing wrong. 

I was already to send gun to LLT but they don't do any milling and i need a front sight milled.  very disappointing. 

On 2/23/2020 at 1:24 PM, cyberiad said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "rebuild" but, depending on what you want done, you may not have to send it to anyone. With a couple of YouTube videos and some tools you can install Langdon's "Trigger Job in a Bag" yourself. Berettas (I assume it's a 92) are very easy to work on. I've had work done by Josh at Allegheny Arms and recommend him highly. Plus, if you are in Connecticut shipping to Allegheny could be relatively less expensive than other options.

getting a price from josh 

• 2 weeks later...