Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another New Guy from Utah

Chris51080

I’ve recently escaped California and am loving my new found freedom in Utah. I’ve always enjoyed firearms of all sorts, and decided to give competition shooting a try. 

I’m a 1911 guy at heart, so of course I’ve picked up a few 2011’s now that I live in a free state. 

I’m looking forward to finding my first USPSA match, and have been trying to absorb all I can from this place. 

On 2/18/2020 at 9:30 PM, Chris51080 said:

I’ve recently escaped California and am loving my new found freedom in Utah. I’ve always enjoyed firearms of all sorts, and decided to give competition shooting a try. 

I’m a 1911 guy at heart, so of course I’ve picked up a few 2011’s now that I live in a free state. 

I’m looking forward to finding my first USPSA match, and have been trying to absorb all I can from this place. 

Congrats on making it out of California to the free state of Utah! Let us know how you like your first USPSA match!

Just now, Chris51080 said:

It’s fantastic to have my freedom back. We are in Ogden. 

I'm down south in St George, but I know there is plenty of USPSA activity in the Salt Lake area.  

CAPS is in Logan

LTD is in Kaysville

SLPSA is in SLC

Chris, welcome to Utah!! I live up in the Logan area and shoot the CAPS matches.  There's a pretty decent USPSA schedule in Northern Utah.  You can get to a match pretty much every weekend between Logan and Salt Lake.  Of course I am a bit biased, but I think we put on a pretty decent match here in Logan, and we'd be happy to have you!  Feel free to reach out if you have any questions as far as how to get to the range, when we start, etc.  The LTD club will be the closest to you, they shoot on the 1st Saturday (we shoot on the 4th Saturday).