Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match fee affecting attendance?

Jollymon32

There is one IDPA club down here that has 5 stage matches for $5. But IDPA doesn't need as much stuff I think that helps keep the cost down. They also don't have to pay activity fee's and classifier fee's that come with uspsa. 

Even at that price I prefer to drive 2 hours each way and pay $20 to shoot a 4-5 stage uspsa match. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/7/2021 at 9:53 AM, Racinready300ex said:

There is one IDPA club down here that has 5 stage matches for $5.

The IDPA group at a local club charges members $5.00 for practice and they only setup 2 stages..... non-members are $10.00...

BC

Edited by BillChunn

2 hours ago, BillChunn said:

The IDPA group at a local club charges members $5.00 for practice and they only setup 2 stages..... non-members are $10.00...

BC

I'm sure my local club is far from normal and probably one of the best places to shoot IDPA in the country at the club level. They hold 6 matches a month year round. Under normal times it's 5 stages and probably around 100 rounds. From time to time they'll do 6 or 7 stages or even have a 7th match on the odd ball 5th Saturday of a month. Pre covid and ammo shortage they'd have 60-80 shooters per match. Cost is $5 for everyone and they're one of the best places I've shot for attempting the follow the rules correctly. 

For IDPA it's vary good, granted I've still only shot there 4 times this year and by now they've already had 30+ matches.