Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 627 Speed Beez holster?

S&W627shooter

My son just started shooting my 627 in ICORE, and I he needs a good kydex holster.  I saw the Speed Beez holster on Amazon, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01JN2NVLK/?coliid=INHNWQ8FX2PGN&colid=U4P8KSA7WLUD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Is there a better option?

Thank you,
Chris

I just got a Speed Beez competition holster for my Super GP100 my initial impression is it's a great holster espessially for the price, plentybsecure and with the low front cut competition style it draws just as easily as the limcat race holster I was using with my 627. About the only negative is the hanger is not as solid as a Springer or Boss aluminum one but you can add one of those if you want. I totally dont notice it when drawing but when walking around the plastic drop offset feels a little bouncy.
A friend of mine got one for a 929 last week and his fit and functioned just as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, S&W627shooter said:

My son just started shooting my 627 in ICORE, and I he needs a good kydex holster.  I saw the Speed Beez holster on Amazon, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01JN2NVLK/?coliid=INHNWQ8FX2PGN&colid=U4P8KSA7WLUD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Is there a better option?

Thank you,
Chris

I've got that hoIster and it works fine.

Edited by ysrracer

16 hours ago, S&W627shooter said:

Speed Beez on Amazon is $73 plus tax = $78.66 (Here by Feb 24-27)

Com-Tac is $78 plus shipping = $75.31

Does anyone know how long Comp-Tac takes to ship?

very very quick shipping and good service. 

I want to say mine shipped within a few hours of ordering it, my friend had his whole rig (belt moon holder holster combo) in hand on Wednesday after ordering on Sunday afternoon

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

very very quick shipping and good service. 

I want to say mine shipped within a few hours of ordering it, my friend had his whole rig (belt moon holder holster combo) in hand on Wednesday after ordering on Sunday afternoon

Awesome.  I'll order directly from them.

Thank you

With the Speed Beez holster, do you mount it to the holster attachment directly? Or can you use the drop offset legally in USPSA. 
I'm using one of these:

https://benstoegerproshop.com/cr-speed-c-bax-production-holster-hanger-by-rescomp/

I do like it better than the flat plate style hangars I've used in the past.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

you can use the drop ofset that come with it in USPSA no problem,  you can also use one of the many aftermarket belt attachments. 

Just make sure the Heel of the Butt is at or above the top of the belt.

Edited by pskys2

11 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

HoIster, shmolster, that ain't what's slowing me down :)

that is amazingly true, 

years ago during practice shooting Single Stack I changed out my kydex competition holster for a thumb break pancake leather carry holster,  draw time did go up but only  by about .1 seconds, not enough to make a noticeable difference in a USPSA match, I have not tried this more recently, I'm sure the difference would be a little larger as my base draw time is faster now but its still likely not to be a difference maker in match placement.