Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-85B holster for limited/open. Please help a cheapskate!

Mauserlover

Yes, I am aware that real cheapskates don't shoot these sports. 

New member, so while I think I put this question in the right forum, I will not be offended if it gets moved!

Problem number one is that I've got a CZ-85, and finding holsters for -85s at all is somewhat difficult. Finding a race holster is even worse. I'm looking for something that will accept a thumb rest. And I'm not even sure that all the holsters out there for CZ-SP-01s will fit. If you have knowledge on this, please chime in. 

I know I'm a few years late to the party in modifying base model CZs into race guns, but a cheapskate has to be a cheapskate. Surely someone out there has found a holster for their  modified -75B. I'm not really able to break my bank on this, but I'm looking for something cheaper than a Safariland model 014, which looks to me to run about $160. 

I'm actually really hoping that someone knows of an inexpensive kydex holster maker that makes racy holsters and I just haven't found out about them. I'm planning on shooting Steel Challenge with this, so retention isn't my biggest problem. The thumb rest is. 

Thanks for your help!

I was in a similar situation not to long ago. My two choices were a safariland, that I wasn't sure was going to fit, or a daa alpha x. I went with the double alpha, and while it was like 250 for the holster and insert. I'm very impressed with the retention/lock on it, it's amazing. I really didn't want to spend even more than 100 bucks on a holster, but I'm glad I did

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Do the "universal" holsters actually fit well? Uncle Mike's makes "universal" holsters too... Out of nylon... Sloppyness isn't something I'm happy with in a holster. 

So, is the CR Speed holster better than the Safariland? Or were you just throwing it out for consideration? 

Thanks. 

"Universal" open holsters are a lot different than like duty or edc holsters, they just cover the trigger guard. The double alpha one uses interchangeable insert blocks so it's easy to switch out the insert if you get a new gun. So you just need the holster than inserts.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The CR Speed one says that it is for a 1911? Does it fit a CZ fine, or am I looking at the wrong option? I think the DAA one says it will fit the SP-01, at least on the listing I saw. I'm still thinking that the SP-01 trigger guard is the same as a CZ-85 trigger guard. Haven't found anyone saying otherwise. 

I'm sure the Guga Ribas one is fantastic, but at twice the price... I might be happy to just get my feet wet with a cheaper used one at this point. Where do you folks look for used stuff like this? The classifieds here the best place? Gunbroker? Haven't seen all that much on the 'net.