Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M9A3 Comp and Red Dot Mount?

Steve-O

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 3:49 PM, Steve-O said:

I have a M9A3 and thought it would be cool to put a comp and red dot on it for fun. Question is who makes a good screw on comp for my threaded barrel and where can I find a rail mount red dot mount like the new Beretta Open gun? 

This is the only thing I found https://zahal.org/product/fab-defense-beretta-92-aluminium-picatinny-rail-scope-mount-system/, might be better to wait till the 92x open comes out and see if you can just get that. Or maybe you  an get this part machined to whatever pattern yol be using. 

• 3 months later...

Bought a M9A3 as well and will be doing the same ( red dot and Comp ) . Saw the Berreta team open gun and it uses the rail for the mount and it sits fairly  low , but you would have to remove the Red dot and mount to the remove the slide for cleaning  . I don’t personally care for dovetail mounts and milling the slide is out , way too thin . A grip panel mount doesn’t look doable , because the slide release comes back pretty far ( which I like because I can easily hit it with my thumb and not change my grip ) . So it’s looking like a frame mount that unfortunately would sit high and look bulky but open sights would be usable and facilitate slide removal . Comp will be made out of 303 stainless . My usual slide mill and suppressor sights are out on this one . Open to suggestions if anybody has any . Thanks in advance. 

From LTT back in March:

Patent-pending as of about two weeks ago. The mounting plate will be right above the extractor, which is as low as you can go on the 92 without a new slide altogether. Most of the parts in the back of the slide will be replaced to make room for the plate. I am pretty proud of this design, it's been a long time coming and lots of hours in Solidworks figuring this one out.

That's all the info I am going to hand out right now. It should make a lot of people happy, and maybe a few people mad smile.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not a lot of options on a M9 for mounting . I could have mounted .300 lower but would have to remove SRO and top mount plate for slide removal and cleaning . Open sights are usable , kinda . On to the Comp .

29C9F552-9C8D-493F-9B27-3C5E3CEF5F27.jpeg

Edited by a2x4bbl

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 12:08 AM, a2x4bbl said:

Not a lot of options on a M9 for mounting . I could have mounted .300 lower but would have to remove SRO and top mount plate for slide removal and cleaning . Open sights are usable , kinda . On to the Comp .

29C9F552-9C8D-493F-9B27-3C5E3CEF5F27.jpeg

I have only shot a M9 a few times, but i think that the mount may block case extraction.

Just something to think about.

Good Luck!

• 7 months later...
On 7/8/2020 at 10:42 AM, Andy9 said:

I have only shot a M9 a few times, but i think that the mount may block case extraction.

Just something to think about.

Good Luck!

No problem with extraction. Comp is done 3.8 oz . Posted on High Road if interested.