Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a New holster for 686 4" ICORE

jcc7x7

So I bought a 686 4" that TK custom reamed to 9mm and cut for moon clips.

Been shooting limited with my 929 and I know I can use the same holster 

But

Want to set up another belt for L6 

moon clips for the 6 shot are tiny and need different posts/ holders than the 929/627 holders

So thought I'd look at some new holsters etc.

Don't care if it's covered kydex.  Time to first shot is with in .003 in a Kydek or race holster.

Also not looking to spend 150+ dollars.

Figure y'all may have been keeping up with the newest and greatest better than I have! Since I haven't!

My old holster is a 8-10 year old DAA LOL

Thanks for any input, PM me if you have some special info.

Mods if you want me to put this in WTB I will BUT,  Right now looking for info more than buying etc

Edited by jcc7x7

Problem with the cheap holsters is that they hang funny and I can't get the grip I like, so you have to add a holster hanger to get the right fit and end up spending a bunch of money anyway.

I don't think anyone has reinvented the wheel yet, and if you don't mind full wraparound maybe there's a local guy near you that does custom kydex semi-professionally. He might even be able to get the cant and camber the way you want so you can have a more natural/comfortable draw stroke.

Edited by swordfish

7 hours ago, swordfish said:

Problem with the cheap holsters is that they hand funny and I can't get the grip I like, so you have to add a holster hanger to get the right fit and end up spending a bunch of money anyway.

I don't think anyone has reinvented the wheel yet, and if you don't mind full wraparound maybe there's a local guy near you that does custom kydex semi-professionally. He might even be able to get the cant and camber the way you want so you can have a more natural/comfortable draw stroke.

Great thought here!

Going to talk with a local and see what he's willing and able to do!

Thanks for the idea.

Otherwise I'm going to get and Comp tech/Blade tech type, since I've already got an extra hanger so I can get it where I want with that!

17 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Great thought here!

Thanks for the idea.

Otherwise I'm going to get and Comp tech/Blade tech type, since I've already got an extra hanger so I can get it where I want with that!

No problem. And yeah if you already have a hanger, the sky is the limit. I switched from Blade Tech to one of the DAA holsters because I could adjust it how I wanted. It has its downsides, like if you forget to unlock it, and it's not always easiest to reholster, but it has the ball joints built-in so my drawstroke is natural. I like it but I don't like it. And one of my friend's DQed because he thought it was reholstered after the "make ready" and ended up falling, loaded. I'm extra careful but it would be nice not to have to be, and to support some local dudes making quality products.

19 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Great thought here!

Thanks for the idea.

I just got one of the speed beez competition holsters (cut low on the front) for my Super GP100 and I have to say I am really please with how works, I had been running a Limcat holster for my 627 and I am not seeing anything about this one that will slow me down. I will likely be getting a Springer or Boss hanger for it to take some of the bounce out of the plastic belt attachment, but so far the bouncy feeling seems only to be noticeable when walking around, during the draw it feels and functions just fine as is.