Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI Commitment to Service

cconnection

I have read several posts that address SVI's lack of willing to maintain existing firearms. I have been is a two month email discussion with them about that.  I have emailed back and forth with Brandon, and can say with confidence that they are willing to maintain "their" product.  He has committed to me to re-furbish an older IMM open gun.  He has also expressed that they will do gunsmithing type work on "their " guns.  That is the secret, and modified firearm, or other brands, they will not work on.  They are focused on their product only.  They are also only interested in returning a firearm back into competitive service at a "like New" condition. So understand that. The cost to restore an older firearm could be as high as 1/2 the cost of a new, but you will get a "like new" firearm back into action for 1/2 the cost of a new?  That might be expensive, but in my opinion a better option for some?? Anyway, thought I would share my experience, because it was better than expected, and hopefully it helps someone looking to restore and older IMM open gun, or any competitive firearm from SVI.

Kris

SVI did amazing work restoring my badly tweaked IMM back to like new about 4 years ago.  I sent them an email last month asking if they have stopped working on used SV’s and got a response that they work case by case with customers using infinity factory components and pistols are brought back to competition standards. 

So basically, if it's a gun they built that's worn or needs warranty repair, they'll handle it.  If you have one that's been jacked by the owner or someone other than the factory, they're not going to mess with it.  Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Hmm. Doesn't sound like the response I got when my thumb snapped off an SV single side wide safety on a stage....it broke on the side in a straight jagged vertical line a few mm away from where it meets shaft.

I called. There was no discussion of honoring it.....We can sell you a new one was the response...

Looked like pot metal inside. Porous as hell.
Make something wrong you should replace it when you realize its defective....or at least be willing to look.

Ill pass on SV guns for life...

Edited by adrone

thanks for Reading and responding.  I agree with most post both good and bad.  I agree that SV customer service could use a bit of help, clarity is what they need.  As far as the" safety "was concerned ( adrone ) If you bought that gun new, and that happened, I would be shocked!!! If you bought used, they have no way of knowing if it had been replaced in past.  Changing a thumb safety can take at the most an hour if you have done before.  They know that, but not everyone has fitted one ( I have ruined a couple over the years ) so not everyone else knows that.     They are amazing guns when they  run, if your's doesn't, then you are more frustrated than the average, because you spent so much, to get a gun that will just run..   I had an SVI 38 super that would get the worst malfunction, where the casing would get driven into the slide when trying to go back into battery.  could not figure out, emailed Brandon and he was able to trouble shot based on my description of the problem. I did what he suggested and malfunction gone.  They are a great source, and I believe they want to stand behind their guns, but only their guns.

Be persistent, if necessary.

Kris