Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why shooting major when minor has several advantages?

Sean_ht

26 minutes ago, bdpaz said:

It is not "..finally...". This point has been mentioned several times, once very early in this thread, and you (apparently) have not noticed it until now. I believe that not responding to things like that are part of the reason others are becoming frustrated with this discussion  and suggesting that you aren't interested their replies.

I hear what you are saying, but I am sure even you cann't accept it as an excuse to attack the person who raised the question. If that was the case, one could simply provide a link and say it has been mentioned before. Or as Mike mentioned in two (long) sentences, that person could say the assumption is not correct, and here are the reasons ....

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

The assumption that you have to shoot all As to classify well is wrong,  there are many classifiers with partial targets and with major scoring you are able to shoot much further away from the no-shoot or hard cover and end up with a better score. 

If your goal is to make A or better in limited it can be done with Minor, I have seen a guy make Master with a Minor gun, but it is easier with Major, and the guy I saw do it with minor will tell you the same thing.

Furthermore, no one force anyone in this forum to respond to every single topic. If you go back to the responds that are given, you will see some of them not only are not related to the topic, but also they are mainly an expression of arrogancy and lack of judgment/rational.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic