Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Price check/education request, CZ Shadow

pbgunrunner

Hi guys, forgive my newness, but I have a few questions about a CZ pistol I might be able to buy. It's a Shadow 1, looks like some type of mag extensions and has a trigger job. I've dealt with the seller before, hes always been straight up and has very nice stuff so I have no doubt this one is in excellent condition as well. My first question is if course, what's it worth? Fair retail price please, I'm trying to establish a true value. Secondly, I see the shadow 2's all the time, do they still make the 1's? What made them different from a normal cz75? Your help and opinion is greatly appreciated! Thanks! 

11190583_01_cz_shadow__640.jpg

That looks to me like a CZ 75 Shadowline, not a CZ SP01 Shadow (“Shadow 1”). Without inspecting it in person I would not even be confident in that. What makes the shadow type pistols different from the other 75b pistols is the lack of a firing pin block. The lack of a roll pin in the slide between the extractor and rear sight suggests to me that this slide does not have a FB block. 

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/CZ-75-Shadow-Line-SA-DA-9mm-P3969.aspx 

CZC still sells the SP01 Shadow and they pop of on the classifieds here fairly often https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-factory/cz-75-sp01-shadow-9mm-91154-black-cz-custom-exclusive.html

Edited by regor

First the SPO1 Shadow and the gun popularly known as the Shadow (1) are not the same gun. The slides are interchangeable but the frames are noticeably different. The official name of the Shadow is CZ 75 Shadow. People including me say Shadow 1 to differentiate it from Shadow 2.

CZC vastly modified the Shadow 1 to a gun most often called the 2014 CZ Shadow Black.You can find a description of the changes on the Shooters Connection and CZC websites. These modifications greatly improved the factory Shadow (1) and many of those improvements were incorporated into the factory version of the Shadow 2. As a result the Shadow 2 is largely useful in competition out of box. There are Shadow 2 versions that have been modified as well.

I am unaware of large numbers of SPO1's that are modified but I guarantee they exist.

The gun you pictured looks to me like a Shadow (1) (officially Shadow). You would need to know more to determine if it is one of the CZC modified guns which are much better and higher priced.

Quite honestly if I wanted a Shadow I would go buy a new Shadow 2 which is a good gun even without any post market mods. The last time I looked a new S2 is between $1100-1200.

The unmoded Shadow 1's were slightly cheaper and the CZC versions were around $1600 originally but are more like $1400 now I believe although I have not priced one lately.

The SPO1 Shadow has a following but not like the 75 Shadow in my observation.. Best advice go buy a Shadow 2.

Edited by Brooke

That is a 75 shadow (tac ii I'm reminded). It's a nice gun. It has a a cz custom competition hammer. That looks like a Springer base. It's a good choice for idpa or uspsa. It's lighter than an sp01 bc it had no full length dust cover, and much lighter than a shadow 2. I'd look seriously at that gun for 900 or so. Oddly shadow 2s can be had for less than sp01 shadows which were more expensive from cz custom. Once in a while you see a non custom sp01 that was not customized, those are usually 800 to 900 because they were not upgraded yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s a CZC Shadow Tac II. The sights are what make it recognizable as the Tac II. Grips are also what they shipped with.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-shadow-tac-ii-9mm-cz-custom/

They are great guns. You can use it for IDPA or USPSA. I just sold one a couple weeks ago.

6d65ebffb85497eb3b4cc0aa005d0a4e.jpg

70c2b84ed7cc9849b3fc12e2af0c5a59.jpg0a991278b2d3bac70929ac08b3bda102.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a point of reference I am selling an SP01 Accushadow "1" with probably every upgrade available in that generation prior to czc custom barrels for $1100 with 6 mags. It's in the classifieds now. I am talking to a couple buyers but it has not imediately sold. That gun was significantly more expensive than what you have here, though it does probably have higher round count. This would have to be well under $1000 in that configuration to be a deal.

20200117_225849_resized_1.jpg

Edited by inertia

I compete with a pair of these. They were in my hands [used] for about $800 each. It's the "CZ 75 Shadow" aka Short Dust Cover Shadow.

The no longer offered CZ Custom model is described here: https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-shadow-tac-ii-9mm-cz-custom/

The same gun with different sights is listed on GunBroker here: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/855799453

Edited by belus
$800 is a lightly used price