Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 40 Performance Center Ported

pixfella58

I have an older “version 1.0” PC M&P40L with the ported 5” barrel and lightening cuts in the slide.  I like it.  From what I hear the version 2.0 Frame is a little more rigid.  As for trigger the PC triggers are better in stock form than a run of the mill 1.0 M&P triggers.  I could definitely tell my PC trigger was better than the stock M&P triggers. 

But from what I hear the version 2.0 triggered guns have better triggers than the version 1.0 ones so I’m not sure the difference between the PC version and the 2.0 version triggers is as big.  Eventually I ended up getting an Apex trigger and have never looked back.

My personal experience is the .40 is a snappier round and is harder to control in a lighter polymer-framed gun than in a all metal gun.  I had to practice a lot to control the .40.  

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input! I had an M&P40L a few years to start shooting Limited major and was working up a load for it when I came across a steel double stack 1911 (Para) and used that one and sold the M&P.  I really like the M&P's and have 2 Pro Series in 9mm, one of which is the C.O.R.E. model that I just recently put a red dot.

I've been shooting an STI Edge for the last year or so. I like a lot but I have small hands and it's a bit of a challenge which is why I'm looking into getting the ported M&P40L.

Thanks again for your comments and be well!

A buddy has one for limited and he just replaced the barrel with a non ported, added a magwell, and an Apex trigger. It seems to be just as good as the Glock and XD for limited but with the Apex the trigger is significantly better than the other polymer offerings.