Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Nebraska

Grasslandshunter

Hello,   My wife and I started shooting Steel Challenge last fall.  Looking to continue that and getting into USPSA and IDPA.   Problem with NE, is we do not have a lot of ranges around, but there are a few.  Steel Challenge is what we love, but not enough opportunities that are close to us, so that is why we are going to participate in several organizations throughout the year.  We have found a few opportunities with Steel Challenge, USPSA, and IDPA in the area.  We are not so young anymore and have no illusions about winning matches.  But the kids are out of the house now and we want to get involved with something we enjoy.  While I love hunting, my wife, does not.  She does love shooting though and actually has done well for shooting less then 6 months.  I have enjoyed seeing her grow as a shooter as much as anything. She has improved much faster than I would have thought.  Lots to learn, as this type of shooting is new to us, but  there seems to be a lot of great people at the ranges/clubs we've been to.   Which really helps new competitors (I use that term loosely), like us.  Anyway, hello!  

Welcome! It is super awesome that you and your wife are able to enjoy this sport together! My wife loves shooting and we do several “range dates” a year. She isn’t quite into the competition scene yet, but that’s ok. Glad you’re here on the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk