Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Central TX Long time Lurker Finally Registered

BomberJosh

Im Josh,

I am a Deputy in a Central TX Sheriff's Office, and formerly a Marine EOD Tech.  I play in production mostly flipping between my M&P Pro 9L that I carry on duty for professional development and my CZ Shadow 2 that I've been tinkering with for a while.  Im probably going to build a PCC this year and get into that as well.

I love this forum its funny I took a couple years to actually sign in because I wanted to post something.

See you guys on the range.

Welcome Josh! I’m a LEO from south-central Kentucky. Wish there were more of us shooting competitions. The firearms proficiency level of most LEO’s is pretty sad. I’m glad to see more and more taking it seriously. I started USPSA in production with an M&P Pro L as well. Do you do any reloading (yet)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I am always trying to get my guys to go compete as well but no one wants to spend money or practice more than the once a year quals and their targets show it haha.

I reload substantially.  I have a big workshop just for gunsmithing and reloading.  The Sheriff's Office has access to a gravel pit to use for shooting that i can do all directional shooting/mock up uspsa stuff, and my farm has a private range as well.

I know exactly what you mean. I’m the head firearms instructor for my department and I have guys that will put ammo in their mags after the bi-annual qual and when they come back for the next qual the exact same bullets are still in the gun and it hasn’t come out of the holster one time. [emoji20]

Just out of curiosity, does your agency, or any around you that you know of, issue suppressors for their patrol rifles? We have issued, 10.5” rifles and we were doing some shoot-house work and it was like throwing a flash bang every time someone fired a round. I just ordered new YHM Turbo T2’s for everyone at the department. I just didn’t know if it was becoming more common place for suppressors to be issued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BomberJosh said:

Im Josh,

I am a Deputy in a Central TX Sheriff's Office, and formerly a Marine EOD Tech.  I play in production mostly flipping between my M&P Pro 9L that I carry on duty for professional development and my CZ Shadow 2 that I've been tinkering with for a while.  Im probably going to build a PCC this year and get into that as well.

I love this forum its funny I took a couple years to actually sign in because I wanted to post something.

See you guys on the range.

Come on out to Manor this Saturday. At ARC APSC is putting on a USPSA match, you can find it on Practiscore.

Charles,

No we have to buy all our own weapons and uniforms etc.  We get 50 bucks a month clothing allowance haha.  I can put my own can on a weapon if I want but dont.

The Donald,

I'm a member of APSC,  I'm in a weird slump since december. Most of last year my every other weekend off coincided with yalls matches.  Now the last few months it's been opposite, I havent had a 1st or 3rd weekend off in forever.  I just have to sling lead on my own at our pit