Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BLUE BULLETS FOR 929 REVOLVER?

TheGoatMumbler

I shoot 147g Blue  Bullets in my Walther PPQ Q5 SF semi auto and love them. So now that I have a S&W 929 too I figured I'd just use the same rounds. My concern is will they easily speed load into the chambers or hang up because of the coating? If that's the case,  what's a good bullet to load up and since I'll be changing from Blue Bullets what's the preferred bullet weight for use in USPSA & ICORE? Thanks

I don't like Blue Bullets cause they lead up my compensators and their coating is a teflon PTFE toxic carcinogen coating that was made for bolt fastener threads. That blue coating was developed and manufactured by a company that primarily sells it to oil drilling exploration and petroleum fuel processing plants . That stuff was banned for use on human food consumption cookware for a reason. Cause it's a deadly outgassing carcinogen that when it's heated or outgassed and then inhaled, the carcinogenic particulates never leave your body. Much like radioactive particles do. And if you use that coated bullet in a revolver, there's a helluva lot more airborne particles coming from the front forcing cone blow-out discharge than what comes from the muzzle of a semi-auto firearm.

Edited by Glockster1

I don’t case gauge my 929 rounds, in fact I’ll shoot cracked cases in practice with no issues.  I do chamber check loaded moons for matches with a TK Chamber checker.

I do make sure all my brass is roll sized or bulge busted and don’t use star line 9mm brass.

I too like  ACME Bullets.  I love their variety of colors.  I've never had coated bullets lead up my compensator.  I haven't even had to run a brush through my barrel, they stay so clean.  

Blue Bullets also makes a fine product.  

I too like  ACME Bullets.  I love their variety of colors.  I've never had coated bullets lead up my compensator.  I haven't even had to run a brush through my barrel, they stay so clean.  

Blue Bullets also makes a fine product.  
I love acme to but I can only get them in red

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

160 Bayou's

929's have a 38 bbl on them soorder.358 bullets

They load great in 929's 

I just bought a 686 that has been reamed for 9mm and moonclips

I shoot the same load out of it and they work great in both guns