Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO 9mm, does anyone shoot major?

KyleJ

I have a TSO in 9mm. I am currently just shooting steel challenge with it but I am looking to do some venturing into USPSA. The ease of adding a red dot to it is tempting me to try out some open class action.  Has anyone shot a TSO with major loads? 

I am eventually planning on getting a 40 top end for one of I really dig uspsa stuff as I can't bring myself to spring for a Czechmate yet. 

A 40sw top end would let you shoot Limited major or minor, or Open major or minor with a dot and no comp.  There is nothing wrong with putting a dot on your 9mm TSO and shooting Open minor.  It will be fun and let you know whether to continue with it for fun, or get serious and buy a major gun or top end.  If you are really serious about it, you'll want a comp.

40 major.. yes. huge fan. 9 major w/o comp? sounds like crazy talk

Agreed. My 115’s are screaming along at 1400+ FPS through an 11 port comp. I can’t imagine shooting that load with out the comp.

Maybe I’ll try it in one of my other 9’s one day when I’m feeling froggy. I’m sure it would be fine, but I wouldn’t want to shoot a ton that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was planning on going the red dot route and shooting some open minor for sure. I'm still pretty new to competitive shooting so right now I'm primarily working on having fun and getting better, not chasing points. 

I know czc makes a threaded barrel for the TSO so it seems like adding that and a comp would at least be somewhat reasonable, but I may just be better off with a Czechmate if I get to that point. Thanks for the advice guys! 

There's a very nice thread started by kneelingatlas that have lots of info on adding a comp to a TS.  Most of this info would also be valid for the TSO.

If you can get your frame tapped for an optic mount, shooting Open minor would expose you to Open division and the +/-'s of shooting with an optic. 

The TSO is a great pistol, whether it's Open minor or Limited minor, go out and enjoy shooting that fine pistol.