Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any coupon codes for 9mm jhp bullets

Looking to see if there are any coupon codes/discount codes for 9mm JHP projectiles.  I need to order 124 or 115 gr JHP for loading 9mm major.  Plan on buying around 4000 and looking to see if any place has specials going now.

I know USPSA members get a discount on rmr bullets. I use them almost exclusively for all my pistols. The one I have is USPSA2019 for 5 precent. Not sure if the 2019 one will work, uspsa posted that 3 days ago on their Instagram

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I know USPSA members get a discount on rmr bullets. I use them almost exclusively for all my pistols. The one I have is USPSA2019 for 5 precent. Not sure if the 2019 one will work, uspsa posted that 3 days ago on their Instagram

^This right here. I love the RMR 124 JHP for 9major and PCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big down side to the RMR is how short you have to load them.  For that reason I prefer Everglades V2, and secondly the Precision Deltas. 

Thanks, I’m glad it’s not just me. Could this be why they do not offer a 147 gr’er?

I too remember the two press days. I would like to see them make a more professional tshirt rather than the “will work for bullets” suspect of being designed by the great guys on the production floor.

The big down side to the RMR is how short you have to load them.  For that reason I prefer Everglades V2, and secondly the Precision Deltas. 
That is true. They've got more of a big wide profile. But I don't mind loading short, even though it eats case space. I've always been able to get the velocities I wanted from my loads

I ordered 5000 Wednesday morning.  Within the hour, I got a response from RMR stating my order was received and being prepped.  I had them in my hands in about 24 hours.  Of course, Lewiston Idaho, is not too far from me, but still 24 hours is pretty dang good.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:36 AM, RockinRiley said:

What makes them have to be so short, do they have a different profile??

They are designed to be able to be used in .357 SIG in addition to 9mm, so they are far less pointy than most other bullet designs.   They shoot great, but having to seat them super deep means less room for powder, and higher pressures for a given charge weight. 

I loaded 1k of them with a 5.9gr charge of BE-86 for SD type use, and seated them at 1.065" to get them to chamber in my CZ P-09.  They chronographed about 60fps higher than Alliant predicted, due to the extra pressure. 

I can load my 124gr RMR hardcore match bullets to 1.190" in my CK open gun, or Everglades V2's to 1.170", while truncated cone type JHP bullets like the Precision Delta have to be loaded to 1.155" to fit in my barrel. 

Edited by chevrofreak

Loaded the first 100 of the RMR 124 JHP.  I had to shorten my OAL to 1.145 for a successful plunk test in my Czechmate (reamed barrel).  That is down from the 1.160 using Precision Delta 124 JHP.  I used 7.9 gr of HS6 to get the PD's to 170 PF.  I had to scale down to 7.7 gr of HS6 with the RMR bullet to hit the same 170 PF

37 minutes ago, 11287 said:

Loaded the first 100 of the RMR 124 JHP.  I had to shorten my OAL to 1.145 for a successful plunk test in my Czechmate (reamed barrel).  That is down from the 1.160 using Precision Delta 124 JHP.  I used 7.9 gr of HS6 to get the PD's to 170 PF.  I had to scale down to 7.7 gr of HS6 with the RMR bullet to hit the same 170 PF

Did you ream your Czechmate barrel yourself or did you send it to a place to ha e it reamed? Thanks. 

George, I did it myself.  I borrowed the reamer from a friend.  Had to buy a handle and cutting fluid.  I just went slow until I got to the depth I wanted.  It only takes a couple turns by hand to get the desired depth.  If I had to buy the reamer too, it might have been cheaper to take it to a gunsmith.  My Czechmate came with two barrel, so did both of them and my CZ SP-01 as well.