Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI Grand Master Spring Kit

Latham44

Recently purchased this kit for a Gen 5 G34.  Should I install all the springs (striker especially) that come in the kit?  I shoot factory ammo and probably won’t reload for a long time (if ever).  I will be using the factory striker, but was wondering if I should be concerned with light strikes on factory ammo.

I have the TTI kits in 4 Glock 34's, two of which are Gen 5.  I don't shoot factory ammo, but if I did, I would shoot American brands of ammo and try it.  My bet is that it will work with the reduced power striker spring.  If not get a Wolff 4.5 pound striker spring and that should igite all primers.  You will definitely benefit from changing our the striker spring A LOT.  I would bet money, the TTI striker spring is very close to 4#.  I went many years of competitive shooting before getting any light hits with a Wolff 4# striker spring.  I have shot factory ammo in the past with a Wolff 4# striker spring and it ignited all brands of factory ammo including CCI.  I am a big fan of Fiocci but I believe their primers are harder than the American brands. Perhaps others can validate that.  

https://www.gunsprings.com/GLOCK ®/cID1/mID5/dID116#985

12 hours ago, 12glocks said:

I have the TTI kits in 4 Glock 34's, two of which are Gen 5.  I don't shoot factory ammo, but if I did, I would shoot American brands of ammo and try it.  My bet is that it will work with the reduced power striker spring.  If not get a Wolff 4.5 pound striker spring and that should igite all primers.  You will definitely benefit from changing our the striker spring A LOT.  I would bet money, the TTI striker spring is very close to 4#.  I went many years of competitive shooting before getting any light hits with a Wolff 4# striker spring.  I have shot factory ammo in the past with a Wolff 4# striker spring and it ignited all brands of factory ammo including CCI.  I am a big fan of Fiocci but I believe their primers are harder than the American brands. Perhaps others can validate that.  

https://www.gunsprings.com/GLOCK ®/cID1/mID5/dID116#985

Thanks for the quick reply.  I ordered the Wolff 4.5 lb spring and I will install it with the other parts from the TTI spring kit.

Install all the springs and don't worry about it. I have installed these kits on 2 Gen 5 G34s and one Gen3 G34 and haven't had any problems igniting 20,000 plus rounds of factory and my own reloads.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TTI striker spring will be fine, just make sure you change it every 5,000 rounds. I have had problems with the trigger return spring on the Gen 4 but the others in the kit should be good to go. I would stick with the factory weight return spring regardless of generation because it has a much better reset than the higher weight after market stuff.