Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nats slot awardees based on previous years finish?

B_RAD

I just had it explained to me that slots are based off classifier upload data. They gauge (for lack of a better word) how many slots should be awarded for a particular division based off of how many classifiers were shot over the year, nationwide, for that division. A certain amount of the slots will go to order of finish at Area and last years Nats. Then, Areas and Sections receive what’s left of those to pass on as their by laws permit.  So, a div like Rev isn’t going to have the same amount of slots(if any) to give out as production would.  

now, that’s how I understood what was told to me. Also, I’m sure there’s more to it as well. I’d guess that previous years Nats attendance would factor in as wel. 

so, to @CHA-LEE point, the math used is anyone’s guess/super secret decoder ring stuff. 

Edited by B_RAD

That's how they determine how many slots your section gets to give out. Your section is free to distribute them as they see fit. Some have a points series of some sort to earn you way into, some sections give them to the MDs to give to their best workers (or to keep for themselves) and I'm sure there are some other ways. The slots based on previous finishes come directly from USPSA and the email usually says that's what it's for. 

19 minutes ago, waktasz said:

That's how they determine how many slots your section gets to give out. Your section is free to distribute them as they see fit. Some have a points series of some sort to earn you way into, some sections give them to the MDs to give to their best workers (or to keep for themselves) and I'm sure there are some other ways. The slots based on previous finishes come directly from USPSA and the email usually says that's what it's for. 

Thanks for the clarification 

To clarify, if your section is huge and holds a ton of matches and submits a ton of activity fees, it will get more slots, and generally award those slots proportionately to the clubs that brought in the most people.