Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shirt guard?

BillR1

Has anyone seen or heard of any kind of shirt guard for pistols? Using an aggressive grip texture on your handgun seems to really tear up a shooting jersey or any shirt for that matter. This is particularly prevalent in IDPA shooting with the holster positioned closer to the body.  It seems like something could be made to fit either on the holster mount or clipped to the belt behind the holster. 

Surely someone has thought of this before...

7 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Most of the wear comes between stages. Get a cover from Daa, shooters connection etc. Keep it on the gun between stages, take it off at make ready.

Interesting idea...that would probably help with keeping the dust off the optic also.

5 hours ago, BillR1 said:

Has anyone seen or heard of any kind of shirt guard for pistols? Using an aggressive grip texture on your handgun seems to really tear up a shooting jersey or any shirt for that matter. This is particularly prevalent in IDPA shooting with the holster positioned closer to the body.  It seems like something could be made to fit either on the holster mount or clipped to the belt behind the holster. 

Surely someone has thought of this before...

Find some colored duct tape that is either a close match to your jersey or a good contrasting/complimenting color and apply a nice evenly cut/sized patch over that portion of the jersey.  Replace as necessary.  Bob Munden used to do this to keep cylinder gap blast from ruining his shirts.

bobmunden-630x339.jpg

59 minutes ago, wide45 said:

Nobody has sight black on their shooting shirt anymore.

LOL!!!!  I used to use white duct tape to keep the sight black from ruining my white Van Heusen dress shirts.  Now I just use the white paint for steel.

Nolan

Edited by Nolan