Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Milled Shadow 2 Slide for CO question

RexKramer

On 4/13/2020 at 8:44 AM, Truckin_Thumper said:

I am not sure I want to run the screws from Trijicon. 

I have had two SROs go flying. 

This one pictured had less then 2K rounds on it. 
My SP-01 had about 6K on it. 

Both screws sheared on both pistols :( 

92445579_10216292469124731_1454651963697266688_o.jpg

I had mine fly off as well mid stage. I switched to battle werx screws, they are a little longer than 6-32 x 3/8 and i havent had any issues yet. They are available on their website. 

Nice setup by the way! I have the same set-up, you have anymore pictures of those grips? Was wondering how it'd look on the 2 tone shadows

There is another company call Big Tex Outdoors and the sell alloy steel 6-32 x 3/8 torx screws for the RMR/SRO. These are the ones I have mounted up with my SRO and CZC RDS plate. They’ve been working very well so far.

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/product/torx-screws-for-trijicon-rmr-set-of-2/

Edited by mveto

On 4/13/2020 at 9:44 AM, Truckin_Thumper said:

Wow!  Is it just the screws that are holding the sight down, or are there also the little posts?

21 hours ago, Chompion said:

I had mine fly off as well mid stage. I switched to battle werx screws, they are a little longer than 6-32 x 3/8 and i havent had any issues yet. They are available on their website. 

Nice setup by the way! I have the same set-up, you have anymore pictures of those grips? Was wondering how it'd look on the 2 tone shadows

brass_Grips.jpg

3 hours ago, Truckin_Thumper said:

it had the bosses. 
I am convinced this would have happened no matter what. Next set of screws will be something different 

Yeah it looked like it just tore it off.  Where are you getting new screws from?

I have one of my Shadow SP01 slides milled for my red dot, so it secures it on the front and rear edges of the body itself, as opposed to the bosses, thankfully.

Edited by MoRivera

On 4/13/2020 at 8:44 AM, Truckin_Thumper said:

Looks like an M160 Table!

35 minutes ago, MoRivera said:

Yeah it looked like it just tore it off.  Where are you getting new screws from?

I have one of my Shadow SP01 slides milled for my red dot, so it secures it on the front and rear edges of the body itself, as opposed to the bosses, thankfully.

I dont know where I will be getting them from....Big Tex outdoors maybe?

Trijicon is sending me more, and the plates I just got from CZ USA (for my P10F)  has a set it in, so I will use those for the time being. 

with_SRO.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

....I believe it was just announced this past week by CZ USA.....you folks in the US have waited too long, good for you especially since they changed the weight requirement for Carry Optics that will now accomodate it as is

Edited by race1911

Does it come with any plates?  If so, which ones?
No plates, which is why the SRO is just sitting there. Ordering a plate today. Also no extended safety in the box.

12 hours ago, Quack said:
12 hours ago, cjmill87 said:
Does it come with any plates?  If so, which ones?

No plates, which is why the SRO is just sitting there. Ordering a plate today. Also no extended safety in the box.

FYI/FWIW, I ordered a plate for mine from CHWPS and they shipped super fast and it's machined well and fit great. They also include their own screws for the SRO which fit correctly, which is something it sounds like lots of guys have had issues with... I'm not sure what the factory plates look like in the flesh, but if it's anything like the OEM Glock MOS plate situation, the CHWPS plate is more than likely the better option. (I have no affiliation with them BTW, and hadn't heard of them until a few days ago, but it's nice to get a part that works better than planned once in a while.)

As far as the S2 OR model, this has to be easily the cleanest machining I've ever seen on a CZ to date, and I've had about 10 different ones over the years, plus it's a nice little bonus that they include the nickel-coated mags (I guess they have to throw us a bone considering the price markup over a standard S2 lol). I hadn't noticed they didn't include the alternate safety though until I read that... I don't use them, but that's kind of a bummer for those that do considering the price hike. I'm honestly surprised the optic sits as low on these as it does considering the use of a plate, it's really not that much of a difference as compared to something like the Fire4Effect milled guns (which's the lowest mounted and/or best ones I've seen).

image0.jpeg

Edited by ck1

Thanks for the heads up on the plate. I didn't order one today, so I'll look them up.

BTW, I got nickel mags with my 2nd S2. My first S2 had black mags, but had the extended safety.

38 minutes ago, Quack said:

Thanks for the heads up on the plate. I didn't order one today, so I'll look them up.

BTW, I got nickel mags with my 2nd S2. My first S2 had black mags, but had the extended safety.

No problem, check them out... BTW if you do go with the CHWPS plate, as if the whole plate situation isn’t confusing enough, the included CHWPS screws are 4-40 to fit their plate and you use those, NOT 6-32 like included with the SRO (confused me for a few... and their website page isn’t too clear about it).

My 2 other “normal” iron-sighted S2’s were with black mags and the extra safeties... The OR model came with nickel mags, no extra safety. These are still so new here (USA), hopefully they’ll fix that and include the extra safety because that’s going to bum a lot of people out...

Edited by ck1

• 9 months later...

So I had my first match yesterday with my SRO mounted on my shadow 2 orange with CZC rds plate cut. After the match I noticed the left screw was gone (ordered the screws from big Tex). I had ordered some extra screws.  Tried putting another on the missing side and noticed the screw is too short to grab onto any threads. The right side manages to grab and tighten down.  

Am I supposed to use a longer screw on the left side? May cut a long screw down that came with the SRO. 

I used the screws that came with the SRO and cut them down to .4035 per CZ Customs recommendation.  This was for the optic plate made by CZC and mounted on an A01-LD.  Worked great.  I haven't had time to test fire it yet. But everything fit together very well. Loctite applied and I'll test whenever we're not in an ice age.

Edited by gregj529