Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Milled Shadow 2 Slide for CO question

RexKramer

I have a S2 slide that I just picked up and I want to put a SRO on it. It has the CZC mounting plate, but the SRO's screws are too long to fit properly. I could, of course ask CZC, but what fun would that be?

Does anyone know what size/pitch screws the SRO takes and what the length would need to be to properly fit to the CZC mounting plate that's on the S2 slide?

Here is the response from CZCustom

"When we mount. We shorten screws so they extend no more than .115 from the bottom of the dot."

I can do that, just take a little time with the tools I have available. 

I did this with just a flat file.  Take the sight plate off so you can test fit so you don't go too short.  I just used vice grips and a soft buffer to hold the screws then just file carefully flat until it's flush with the bottom of the mount plate with sight installed. 

I put some double sided thin celotape under the sight as a vibration buffer and help seal it down.  I'm at about 20,000 on it with zero issues. 

14 hours ago, ringram said:

I did this with just a flat file.  Take the sight plate off so you can test fit so you don't go too short.  I just used vice grips and a soft buffer to hold the screws then just file carefully flat until it's flush with the bottom of the mount plate with sight installed. 

I put some double sided thin celotape under the sight as a vibration buffer and help seal it down.  I'm at about 20,000 on it with zero issues. 

Good idea, I'll be doing this here shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Truckin_Thumper said:

I am not sure I want to run the screws from Trijicon. 

I have had two SROs go flying. 

This one pictured had less then 2K rounds on it. 
My SP-01 had about 6K on it. 

Both screws sheared on both pistols :( 

92445579_10216292469124731_1454651963697266688_o.jpg

It’s hard to tell In the pic, are there locating bosses on that mount?

On 2/10/2020 at 7:52 PM, hawaiifivebro said:

I have one of the older style primary machine cut slides that requires the shorter screws as well, any tips on how to cut down the screws without messing up the threads?

Grab some 6-32 nuts from home depot. Screw them on. File or sand the bolts shorter. Unscrew the nuts, and they’ll clean the threads up as you remove them. 👍

Edited by MemphisMechanic