Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 missing - gun or me ?

MFM22

I just ran 150 round through  my New 34 gen 5  and was off to the left at 10 yards about 2-3 " . 

OK , I know left [ low ] is probably poor trigger . I am trying to use more left hand to control recoil up high etc and thought that might contribute .

Seems like I shoot 45 better at this point with slow fire  .  figured the 9mm would be better with recoil and $$ ammo 

Used a friends Walther last week and seemed better ?   should I give it more time ?, have the sights checked ?  or adjust aim point ?

Is the rear sight centered or slightly off to the right? We were issued gen 5 17’s at work and all of the sights were slightly to the right and perfectly zero’d. If you had new sights installed and they were centered, that could be your problem.

Otherwise, shooting left happens with right handed shooters if their trigger control is off.

6 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

Choose carefully who you have shoot it, if you want to be able to draw any conclusions from their results. 

That is really true, I guess I've gotten kinda lucky each time because the other shooter has always proved it was me lol

Had some range time today , tried from resting position on top of range bag  - first shot dead center.    So.  I suck lol 

no doubt my trigger control needs lots of work.  Just surprised at the consistency of being left.  Not always low but just left. 

Will be at it tomorrow with  a very experienced shooter.  

With a double stack glock I like having more finger on the trigger. Almost like shooting a revolver for more leverage. It solved the low left issue for me. When I shoot low left now, it's because I'm pushing the gun too early & not because of trigger control. 

Edited by edison

Not sure the   glock is for me , hard to index   , grip is just ok , very light .  This is compared to my Kimber full size 1911 

I can give it time and practice for sure but hate to invest time when there may be a more suitable gun 

I've been able to handle a few other options Walther Q5 match polymer , Sig p320 legion, HK VP9 , Shadow 2. etc.

handling is one thing but getting to shoot not an option .  The Shadow 2 is the best fit of these for my hands - probably because it feels similar to my 1911 

Edited by MFM22

1 hour ago, MFM22 said:

Not sure the   glock is for me , hard to index   , grip is just ok , very light .  This is compared to my Kimber full size 1911 

I can give it time and practice for sure but hate to invest time when there may be a more suitable gun 

I've been able to handle a few other options Walther Q5 match polymer , Sig p320 legion, HK VP9 , Shadow 2. etc.

handling is one thing but getting to shoot not an option .  The Shadow 2 is the best fit of these for my hands - probably because it feels similar to my 1911 

The Different grip angle on Glocks is amplified if you like to switch back and forth between guns a lot. If you lean towards the 1911 grip angle you will naturally shoot a similar grip angle better

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2020 at 5:39 PM, MFM22 said:

I've found that shooting an 147gr round is so much better than the stock 115gr in the Glocks.

1. If you can shoot straight and can shoot small groups, but your whole group goes to the left, it´s the sights.

2. If you are new to shooting, you better let someone shoot it, that can shoot small groups.

3. If you fire fast rapid groups, it´s pretty likely you push the gun to the left, thats pretty common.

If your shooting decent groups, move the rear site and forget about it!  I've got something off with my dominant eye (stigmatism I think), my rear sight is now noticeable pushed to the left (0.030"), that's what works for me.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

Every time I buy a Glock, the first thing I do, is replace the Glock sights with a set of awesome Dawson Precision fiber optic competition sights. That's just me but it fixes everything every time.

Tried the Sevigny sights? I like them even better. ;) 

But yes. A quality set of sights is mandatory and the Dawsons are great too.

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Tried the Sevigny sights? I like them even better. ;) 

But yes. A quality set of sights is mandatory and the Dawsons are great too.

yeah they're good, so are Warren and Novak but, I have found a fiber optic rod from Dawson to be so bright it's almost like a mini red. Against a plain black rear