Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX Steel Glock Magazines

FF112173

As mentioned, these are mostly intended for PCC's for when guys are adding extensions with far beefier springs to get 47-60rds. Also mentioned, these will probably wear on a polymer mag release quick.

For a pistol? IDK. Cheap, reliable, headache-free mags is IMHO one of the Glock platform's best attributes... I've even got a pile of the Magpul ones that have seen thousands of rounds and drops without a single issue, and at $10 a pop are basically disposable.

If I need metal pistol mags, I'm shooting a metal gun (and CZ mags are $25)... 

Edited by ck1

I have a bunch of the 21 round magpul mags that I paid around $12 for.  I have left them loaded for 2 years or more and they are running great, so good in fact, I just bought a dozen more for roughly the cost of an MBX.  Maybe if I was a top 5% shooter in a big match...

• 2 months later...

For people running the 140mm versions, how are you liking them?  I'd like to pick up a few for carry optic division.  Have they worn out your polymer mag release? Do they take maintenance/adjustment like 2011 magazines? 

I tried using them in my Gen 5 G34 and had nothing but trouble. They worked great in my Gen 3 34 and JP 13 however. I have since sold them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 5/4/2020 at 12:50 PM, mwc said:

I tried using them in my Gen 5 G34 and had nothing but trouble. They worked great in my Gen 3 34 and JP 13 however. I have since sold them.

What troubles did you have?  I'm considering picking a couple up for my gen 5 45 MOS

I was having failures to feed. Adrian took them back and worked on them and even gave me one of his magazine releases. They were better, but not 100 percent in the Gen 5 glock so I sold them to some PCC guys locally and they love them. Like I said before, they worked great in my Gen 3 guns and my JP 13.

I just got mine, 155mm with 3” extension, in the mail today. Question for those who have one. Are yours loose at the connection between the mag and extension. Mine is very loose and rattles. Thanks in advance for any replies. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2020 at 7:36 PM, Tuggerz said:

I just got mine, 155mm with 3” extension, in the mail today. Question for those who have one. Are yours loose at the connection between the mag and extension. Mine is very loose and rattles. Thanks in advance for any replies. 

From what I've seen, the bottom cuts for the basepads on even the 2011 MBX mags are really inconsistent. Some have huge gaps. Some don't. Some are loose. Some aren't.