Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX Steel Glock Magazines

FF112173

5 hours ago, lefty o said:

but do they work?l

I have two 170’s with the three inch extension for PCC. I only have 300 rounds or so on each. But, they are very beefy, very strong spring. The thing I like about them, they seem easier to reload the PCC. And of course they drop free, won’t swell, and you won’t wear out the mag catch notch.

I don’t know who comes up with this stuff. Let me see, I’m going to take a mag that costs 20 bucks and works perfect. Make one out of metal, polish it up and charge 125 bucks, plus  you have to buy a mag catch for another 25 bucks. This is crazy. I can put a 50 buck TTI basepad get 23 plus 1 and still be at  half the cost. 

I got to handle a 170mm today. A local PCC guy is sponsored by MBX and he used the mags last year as one of the beta testers. He said the were flawless and never had any issues at all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I honestly just don’t get it. As a guy who spends the GDP of a small 3rd world nation on crap I don’t need, this magazine is literally pointless even by my standards. 

Glock OEM mags are completely reliable and 1/5 the cost so in what realm would this be a necessity?

4 hours ago, slodsm said:

I honestly just don’t get it. As a guy who spends the GDP of a small 3rd world nation on crap I don’t need, this magazine is literally pointless even by my standards. 

Glock OEM mags are completely reliable and 1/5 the cost so in what realm would this be a necessity?

It’s my money. It’s my decision.

I think that the main reason behind the metal magazines is to support the PCC shooters. Putting these massive metal magazine extensions on polymer magazines has proven to be less than ideal. I believe having a metal magazine to put metal extensions on is going to be more durable in the long run.
Having said that, I may try one if the 140s in my CO G34 since the only extended magazine release that I liked is made of metal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Having shot Glock all last year in Uspsa, I would say, the mags leave a little to be desired. The factory mags are a little more likely to hang up on reloads if you don't hold the gun completely vertical while depressing the mag release. They don't spit out of the gun as well as well as other guns. They're more of a pain to take off the baseboards for cleaning. And they don't really want to hold 23 rnds (reloadable).  I felt like I was already running Glock mags. I periodically took a razor to them to remove any burs that might create friction/drag. I wiped them down with a silicone treated rag to keep them slick. 

If these mags would have been available last year, I would have tried them. I shot one stage that definitely cost me because I could only do 22 in the mags. No joke, probably cost me a spot or two in the rankings. 

Haha in typical Internet forum fashion, the people who are talking smack are all the people who haven’t tried them, and the people who have tried them offer only praise. As someone who owns literally 12 of these mags between 2 PCCs and 1 Glock CO gun, I can tell you these are awesome and will definitely speed up your classifiers. They go in and out of all guns WAY better, and come out of all mag pouches I have tried way easier. That’s worth something to some people.

10 hours ago, FF112173 said:

It’s my money. It’s my decision.

i completely agree man, in NO way am I knocking your choice to buy them. I am simply stating from my point of view I can’t see the point in them for me when my mags run 100%. 

Like I said, I spend tons of money on random pointless widgets according to some....... but just as you stated, my money my decision. 

You’ll never hear me knock someone for what they choose to buy. 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 3:45 PM, Silverscooby27 said:

Haha in typical Internet forum fashion, the people who are talking smack are all the people who haven’t tried them, and the people who have tried them offer only praise. As someone who owns literally 12 of these mags between 2 PCCs and 1 Glock CO gun, I can tell you these are awesome and will definitely speed up your classifiers. They go in and out of all guns WAY better, and come out of all mag pouches I have tried way easier. That’s worth something to some people.

Do the magazines accept the base pads from MBX that are designed ofr the plastic Glock mags ?

Yes, they are expensive. But, if you are really pushing your Glock, you'll find that the mags are the worst part about running them at max speed.

If they made a standard 17 round 9mm mag I'd be all over these. I dabble in CO but production is my main division.