Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate 'Big Sticks'

abb1

CZ Custom is not an option, and tuning is not an option either, as I am a Canadian shooting a USPSA match and I will not receive this until I arrive at the match. I need something that I know is reliable. Springer ships to Canada, CZ Custom does not. I am hoping on bringing them with me and ordering a few CZ mags (regular capacity) at the local gun store and using it the day of the match. The Springer kits come with an extended spring for reliable feeding, but I prefer to hear from those that have used them.

I have the Springer large extensions on a couple of regular mags.  They still needed to be tuned due to the length to avoid nosedives.

I went for about 6 months thinking it was the length of the ammo causing the issues.  Finally realized I would have to tune them.

3 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

How long do you have before the match yoh need this for?

Still a ways away, Not til June, so I have lots of time. I think I may not have an option other than to just buy regular 20 rd CZ TS mags once I arrive, and forget the 170mm option 😞 

I had the same experience with nose dives with the Springer 170 extensions. Loading a little shorter and using round nose bullets (not JHPs, they snag on the feed ramp) helps with reliability as well. I found the issue was much worse if I used CZC springs and followers, and you can still fit 29 rounds in with the stock follower, so I switched to that.

I'm currently working through a case of Everglades JHPs so I'm stuck with 27 rounds in mine for reliability vs the 29 they will hold. My 9mm minor loads with round nose coated lead seems to cycle fine when fully loaded, so I will be switching to a FMJ once I finish this case up. 

6 hours ago, adamge said:

Is this "tuning" process described anywhere on the internet so I can do it at home?

Over on Facebook at CZ Open Gun Shooters page.  Post has the dimensions and where to squeeze on the body and then what to adjust feed lips to.

5 hours ago, aandabooks said:

Over on Facebook at CZ Open Gun Shooters page.  Post has the dimensions and where to squeeze on the body and then what to adjust feed lips to.

I’ve seen this page referenced a few times but can never seem to find it on Facebook. Is it a hidden or secret group?