Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate mainspring weight?

regor

I was handling my TSO and CM side by side yesterday and noticed that the trigger on my TSO feels noticeably lighter, vs the CM which feels almost a little springy. I'm know at some point I changed the mainspring in my TSO to a lighter one, which I never did with my CM, so I am assuming this is the difference.

So, what weight mainspring are folks running that still gets reliable ignition? 

I suggest keeping the mainspring pretty heavy.  The triggers are already super light from the factory, so they go to mush with a light mainspring, and the light mainspring doesn't help slow down the slide any more when you go light.  And, it becomes less likely to set off a hard or high primer.  I run a 9 lb recoil spring and 21 lb mainspring in my TS shooting 170 pf.  I also just converted my sp01 clone to SA, and I was super unimpressed with the trigger with the 11.5 lb mainspring I had in there for DASA.  I put the heavy factory mainspring back in and the trigger was just as light but way more crisp.  I think you want to be taking your cues on spring weights from open shooters, not production shooters trying to accomplish very different things.