Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member here.

IT1WES

Hello. I have been interested in Bullseye shooting for years, but I am interested in a more active shooting sport. I use a walker and oxygen. I hope that's allowed in matches. Of course, it will affect my time scores, but I believe in safety 1st score 2nd. My user ID is IT1 Wes. This reflects my 25-year service in the Navy. I retired as an information technologist first class , IT1.  I earned expert pistol and rifle shot medals. I enlisted in 1971 and served in Vietnam. In 2001 they mobilized me to active duty, and I am an Operation Enduring Freedom participant.

I am also a veteran of 25 years Teaching English to middle schoolers.

Is there a certain website with an index of knowledge about USPSA?  In Bull's eye it was the Encyclopedia of Bullseye website.

I have been studying USPSA on the University of YouTube. What channels should I subscribe to for USPSA?

I use a Rock Island tactical .45 1911 rail gun. I am buying a Glock 41 .45 caliber. I am also interested in the  Glock 34 long slide  9-millimeter.

Finally, I live in Wesley Chapel,  FL  in the 33543-zip code. My favorite gun shops are the Grey Wolf Armory and the Sunshine State Armory. My email is wesleytillson@gmail.com.

Please look at the picture of my pistol and let me know if it qualifies for Open Division.

Thank you very much

Wes   

45 AND MINI.jpg

Hi! And Welcome!

This is a great place to ask questions about USPSA (and IPSC). Just browsing or searching the forum should also find interesting material.

Some stages might be tricky with a walker and you'll certainly lose a lot of time against people who can run fast. I am more familiar with IPSC rules, but I think USPSA also gives the chance to take a fixed penalty if a stage is physically impossible for you.

One thing that people should read is the rules of the sport. USPSA rules are at https://uspsa.org/rules

Your 1911 would certainly be "legal" for Open. Not competitive against hi-capacity pistols with compensators though. ... I have a pretty decent gun for the Division that I like to shoot - and that doesn't necessarily mean I am all that competitive ;):D