Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mating SPS with STI

jabate01

I have a SPS Pantera in .40, I tried to switch to a STI frame so I can play with stippling. The STI grip was very tight and reassembly did not go right. Does SPS use a different set of dimension than other 2011 makers? The whole process did not work as well as I had hoped. Any advice would be welcome.

I have a SPS Pantera in .40, I tried to switch to a STI frame so I can play with stippling. The STI grip was very tight and reassembly did not go right. Does SPS use a different set of dimension than other 2011 makers? The whole process did not work as well as I had hoped. Any advice would be welcome.
Grips are not usually deep 8 in. You have to remove material. A buddy and I fit an STI grip on his SPS. Took some filing which is normal

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 11:39 AM, jabate01 said:

I'm planning to put an STI grip on my SPS Pantera also.  Did you get your's completed?  Any tips based on what you've experience would be really helpful.  TIA.

I did not get mine completed. The frame was to wide for the STI grip, causing the grip to flair out at the top. The two pieces didn't seem all that close to fitting. The SPS beavertail would not fit the grip either. Hammer strut and hammer spring where atypical sizes. 

With all that being said, I am building a complete lower 2011. I am hoping I can fit an SPS upper to a CK Arms frame. WE'll see. Good luck. Give it a try see if you can fit a STI grip on there.