Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Hooked

New straight CZC trigger?

Did anyone try the new straight CZC trigger at SHOT?  Unlike other straight triggers for the CZ75 type guns it maintains DA capability.

Interested in knowing the overall feel of it and how much it reduces the reach.

18A6C9D6-C0E5-48CA-B288-F68358B2549F.jpeg

This is my first time seeing this and I'm super interested as well. I prefer flat triggers but need the DA for carry optics.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see if it works with the Cajun reach reduction and short reset kits. Might need to pick one up and see.

42 minutes ago, mveto said:

It will be interesting to see if it works with the Cajun reach reduction and short reset kits. Might need to pick one up and see.

The Cajun RRK achieves most of the reach reduction by using a set screw to move the trigger back and taking up any “slack” in the trigger take-up (the slightly different shape of the 85C trigger shoe reduces the reach a bit too).  The CZC trigger looks like it will reduce reach by the actual shape of the shoe. In theory, there should be no impact to the short reset disconnectors.

Edited by Hooked

I’m going to buy one and report back. It looks interesting, though I’ve never tried a flat trigger DA/SA before. 

It looks like the trigger for a kids cap gun...  couldn’t they have made it look better?

So where is it when it breaks in SA?  Its it completely vertical at the 'wall', or even titled back?  Judging by the resting position in the photo, I would guess the latter.

4 hours ago, Hooked said:

The Cajun RRK achieves most of the reach reduction by using a set screw to move the trigger back and taking up any “slack” in the trigger take-up (the slightly different shape of the 85C trigger shoe reduces the reach a bit too).  The CZC trigger looks like it will reduce reach by the actual shape of the shoe. In theory, there should be no impact to the short reset disconnectors.

Well I ordered two so I’ll report back when I get them installed.

1 hour ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Is this for 75 frames only or would it work in the shadow 2 as well?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Works on all CZ75 type guns which includes the S2. It also fits CZC’s A01LD too.

I’m going to buy one and report back. It looks interesting, though I’ve never tried a flat trigger DA/SA before. 
I'm also gonna buy one. I have the Pro Package installed on my CZ. This looks promising for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mveto said:

Well I ordered two so I’ll report back when I get them installed.

Need a video of this ; like to see it installed and working 

Ok. Placed my order. Will share a video of the action once I get and install it.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Really like my brothers straight trigger on his Sig X5. Never been a fan of hooked triggers. Got two coming for S2 and P01. 

I ordered one for my cajunized Shadow 2 for shits and giggles, I've been wanting a flatter faced trigger for a while now, I'd like to believe it's a better design for pressing the trigger straight back over a curved/smooth trigger.  Pretty excited to say the least, will install asap.

Edited by hawaiifivebro

DA position 

6395F96D-12AC-4B23-A99D-6D72F57EF3F1.jpeg.8e98b801b8d69a4cb4ef77a9b6ebe470.jpeg

SA position 

52766779-BDB6-4622-8C33-4DE5A475005F.jpeg.4387efdaee813d261426ea18b23ad222.jpeg

Edited by eerw

6 minutes ago, See_Archie_Shoot said:

Do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do. feels a little different, but I've shot the 85C style trigger for 15 years now.

Hey Stu, looks like whatever video of it you had posted with the photos isn't working, in case you can fix it.  

Looks interesting. I'd volunteer to be a beta tester.

Of course the Orange one...

Next question:  Will it be IPSC production legal in the S1 and S2? 

I'm pretty sure it will be for the A01-LD given that CZC is the manufacturer of both the gun and the trigger. But not so sure for the S1 and S2 unless the IPSC rules can be extended to not just the trigger internals but to the actual trigger shoe itself. 

I don't like that it's titled back in SA position, but understandable since its has to be at least reachable in DA.  I also shoot exclusively 85C triggers and even put one on my long slide, which I shoot SA only.  So I may be really biased.

Edited by MoRivera

I prefer flat triggers, but being angled backwards like that in SA isn't ideal. Not sure if it would be a problem in practice though. Would like to try it...

watching the video it looks like it must be solid aluminium, from the first picture it looked like it was a stamped steel like the X5.