Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1100 with mark 7

I have a 1050 with a mark 7 and was thinking of upgrading to a new 1100. I have talked to mark 7 about

this and they were not sure yet if you can swap the mark 7 to the new 1100. Has anybody swapped the mark 7 from a 1050 to an 1100 yet.

Yes I talked to Mark 7 and they where not sure because they have not gotten an 1100  yet.
Wow I'm surprised that they dont have a product that works with the 1100. On the other hand I can see why Lyman wouldn't want to invest in products that directly support their competition.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, sauza45 said:

No belt cover, did the 1100 bolt up to the plate for the Mark 7  in the same holes as the 1050? Why did the belt cover not fit.

Not sure about the hole spacing.

The base of the 1100 where the bolts go through is thicker than a 1050 which means the belt cover isn't tall enough. There is also extra meat on the frame around the swage sense which means that didn't fit properly either.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a Mark 7 conversion/adaptor for a Dillon RL 1100. The two companies are in direct competition with one another.

On the other hand Ammobot has been working with Dillon on the RL 1100 and CP 2000 for close to a year prior to its recent release. Ammobot already had their products ready when the RL1100 and CP 2000 were released.

IMO, I'd either go with an Ammobot for the 1100, or go straight Mark 7with the Evo or Revo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

It would be interesting to know what machine Dillon used on the RL1100 press they had set up in their Engineering Department that had over a million cycles on it.....

My understanding is that it was an Ammobot.

13 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

It would be interesting to know what machine Dillon used on the RL1100 press they had set up in their Engineering Department that had over a million cycles on it.....

Wow, that is awesome

• 3 months later...

In a similar boat (hate to necropost). Have a 1050 and now an 1100. I want to swap my Mark 7 over to the 1100 to run 9mm and .223 so it's not slopping powder around as much as the 1050. Then keep the 1050 for large primer 45 and .308. 

Mark 7 now says that they support the 1100 on their homepage, but no idea what that means. No conversion kit or adapters, so at a bit of a loss. And of course my Inline Fab stand is no good for the 1100 because the base is almost double the thickness. 

Hoping I hear back from Mark 7 soon so I know how to slap the ol autodrive onto the new machine. 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, 36873687 said:

Same I wouldn’t load without swage sense worth every penny

Completely agree.  The de-prime and swage stations are just about the only stations that give me any issues on the 1050.

The reason I went with the 1050 is because I intend to automate early next year.  I had the option to get in on a 1100 early last year but passed because I knew all of the sensors work on the 1050.  Always growing pains with anything new.  The Mark 7 will be purchased with Swage sense right away.  They rest of the sensors will come later.

Edited by Boomstick303

46 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Completely agree.  The de-prime and swage stations are just about the only stations that give me any issues on the 1050.

The reason I went with the 1050 is because I intend to automate early next year.  I had the option to get in on a 1100 early last year but passed because I knew all of the sensors work on the 1050.  Always growing pains with anything new.  The Mark 7 will be purchased with Swage sense right away.  They rest of the sensors will come later.

Yes I just auto drove mine. An learned real quick I needed swage sense the hard way. Blow up 97 primers.