Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT Evo grip textures opinions

vgdvc

Hello all. Looking for opinions on PT Evo grip texture types. I see they have their standard, aggressive, and extra aggressive. I'm currently working with an STI DVC plastic grip and wouldn't mind some more grip but I don't want the gun to hold me rather than me holding the gun. Any opinions on experiences amongst the three is appreciated, thank you.

3 hours ago, 36873687 said:

I’ve had standard an aggressive. I would go aggressive atleast 

Thank you. That's the direction I'm leaning. I can always knock it down a bit if too aggressive but I can't build it up from to smooth.

21 hours ago, Shmella said:

I can update when the honcho extra aggressive hits my hands. 

Great. It would be great to hear about the whole package as well. Which configuration did u get and when is it expected?

Just noticing that PT offers 'extra' agressive texture now.  I have the PT aggressive and LSI grips.  I find the LSI to be slightly more aggressive than the PT (could be because the PT is aluminum and the LSI is SS) however looking for feedback on the PT extra aggressive. 

I have a Honcho (yea I know, they could have came up with a better name) on order and originally ordered the 'aggressive' grip.   Now I'm wondering if I should get the xtra aggressive :)

I would suggest you take a serious look at the Cheely Custom e2 grip.  I have the standard.  It is in between the Evo standard and aggressive.  Their aggressive and super aggressive is too much for me.  The Cheely std. allows me to shift my grip to reach the mag release, but never slips in my hands no matter how sweaty in August.

I'm suggesting you look at the Cheely because it should go straight onto a DVC frame with no fitting.  That is not the case with an Evo.

The Cheely e2 grip is slightly smaller and more rounded than the Evo.  It fits my medium hand perfectly.  The Evo feels more squarish and is not as comfortable for me.

Edited by zzt

I have the super aggressive grip on my custom 2011.  Will teach you to work on obtaining the right grip every time because once you take hold at the start you won't be adjusting in your hand while shooting.  It won't budge!!

14 hours ago, zzt said:

I would suggest you take a serious look at the Cheely Custom e2 grip.  I have the standard.  It is in between the Evo standard and aggressive.  Their aggressive and super aggressive is too much for me.  The Cheely std. allows me to shift my grip to reach the mag release, but never slips in my hands no matter how sweaty in August.

I'm suggesting you look at the Cheely because it should go straight onto a DVC frame with no fitting.  That is not the case with an Evo.

The Cheely e2 grip is slightly smaller and more rounded than the Evo.  It fits my medium hand perfectly.  The Evo feels more squarish and is not as comfortable for me.

I appreciate the input, all valid points. My PT Evo grip will be coming on a Honcho pistol so I will need to choose one of their textures.

The EVO Grip is the only one that is completely contoured. As in the sides are not flat. Why? Because your hands are not flat and it is more comfortable to hold onto something round versus square. 

The EVO does not require proprietary magwells or parts to allow for the most options.

EVO Grips are fitting very easily to newer STI Frames and are of course drop on to PT Frames. 

Plus, it’s made by PT. Which means it’s a quality product and backed 100%.

The Aggressive texture is by far the most popular. When switching from plastic to metal there is some adjustment needed to get used to the rigidity of the metal versus the “give” of plastic. Then there is the texture. For most they notice the “sharpness” in the front strap. Some have taken files or sandpaper to the front strap when they receive the grip. Within a couple of months they call to purchase another grip because it is now not aggressive enough. Best advice is to use electrical tape or similar in any areas that are bothersome until you get used to it. Then remove and try it without. If it’s still a problem, then take some light sandpaper to it or put the tape back on.

Ps. You’ll love the Honcho!