Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Retention Screw Solution

louie088

Hello,

Recently having issues with my Blade-Tech retention. Seams like the sweet spot is pretty much as loos as it can be without the "Chi-town Screws" falling out lol. Considered Loctite but Id like to have adjustment on the fly.  While searching online I noticed that there are some online shops what are selling these thumb retention adjustment screws that do not require a screwdriver to adjust, so with these you can essentially adjust your retention on the fly, maybe have it a little looser before your draw and tighter in between matches? Anyway, to make a long story short. I found what was being charged online for $9.99+shipping, for $2.00 at my local HW store. 

For Blade-Tech size needed is 8-32 x 3/4"

921601608_Blade-TechRetentionScrewcopy.thumb.jpg.3f8061c87518d1a2148969103b23e2fd.jpg

31X-2tTKCML._SX466_.jpg

Edited by louie088

Excellent local find!  

BTW, if you find that your retention screws are too loose and you fear them falling out due to vibration or nudges, apply a few wraps of Teflon tape (pipe tape) around the threads.  This takes up the slack without locking the threads.  

I have thumbscrews on my Single Stack holster and use the Teflon tape trick.  You may have to replace the tape once in a while if you adjust the retention regularly, but it costs practically nothing.

11 minutes ago, N3WWN said:

Excellent local find!  

BTW, if you find that your retention screws are too loose and you fear them falling out due to vibration or nudges, apply a few wraps of Teflon tape (pipe tape) around the threads.  This takes up the slack without locking the threads.  

I have thumbscrews on my Single Stack holster and use the Teflon tape trick.  You may have to replace the tape once in a while if you adjust the retention regularly, but it costs practically nothing.

solid idea right here!

33 minutes ago, N3WWN said:

Excellent local find!  

Thanks for this, great tip!! Ingenuity goes along way!

I'm not knocking the principle of the locking lever but why is it necessary? I've been using Bladetech , Comptac holsters for over 15 years for IPSC and never had an issue of the screws coming loose or falling out. No problem with the thumb screws for on the fly adjusting but again have never had to change mine.