Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para or XDM

HCH

I competed for years USPSA with a Para 16/40, only shot pins with a XDm... So I am a hardcore 1911/2011 guy.
Today ? the XDM
XDM More reliable with factory ammo,,,  less powder with reloads,  Way CHEAPER parts , way cheaper 140mm mags that work without tuning, drop in trigger parts for a novice,
Figure out your grip, then pack it with tungsten putty,,, drill out the inside of the front rail, do the same,,, add a tungsten guide rod, Springer funnel,,, go shoot.

14 minutes ago, Mcfoto said:

I shoot the XDm 5.25 .40 in limited. Love it. My most accurate gat. Best of all, every time I pull the trigger, goes bang. 

I’ve been shooting Paras for the last 8 years or so but recently got a xdm. The xdm is bone stock, and i actually like it quite a bit. I’m not sure which one I’ll stick with. 

Only major suggestion I would make is to get the hardened heavyduty striker retaining pin, the roll pin suppossedly will break if you dry fire alot. Mine hasnt but they are cheap and I will go ahead and change it when I replace my battery next time (OSP)  
Speaking of that looking at the design what exactly would be the problem if the pin wasnt there ? Seems like it basically only holds the stryker in if you remove the striker spring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2020 at 6:55 PM, Mcfoto said:

I shoot the XDm 5.25 .40 in limited. Love it. My most accurate gat. Best of all, every time I pull the trigger, goes bang. 

I sometimes shoot Limited and 'monster matches" with the same gun and love it.

Blew the barrel because of a double charge and fitted a Barstow and like it even more.

Trigger work from Canyon Creek - about 2lb pull