Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WA Revolver Gunsmith

xen0ph0n

Does anyone know of any gunsmiths in WA state experienced in working with revolvers? Specifically, I'm thinking of picking up a 929, but I'd prefer to have the action worked on locally, instead of shipping it off to tk customs or somewhere else. I'm also not super comfortable replacing the pinned front sight myself. I'm in the Seattle area, but I don't mind driving a bit to find someone good. 

Changing out a front sight is something any smith should be able to handle, anything more in depth competition wise will want to go to someone like TK that knows what to do to make a gamer gun. 

My experience through a friend is local smiths think a trigger job and cylinder chamfer means 9lb trigger and just breaking the edge on the cylinder holes. 

1 hour ago, xen0ph0n said:

Thanks everyone! Will look into some local options to get the front sight on - but it looks like I'll need to send it away from action work.

Send me a PM. I’d be happy to show you how to do some basic work like changing out the front sight. I’m a few hours north, but in the Seattle area regularly. And I have plenty of TK guns for you to check out to be sure of exactly what you are getting before you send your gun out.