Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1050 never unpacked

Hello

This Dillon RL 1050 press was purchased over 30 years ago and has never been unpacked, absolutely new.
I had the privilege of cleaning the dust and the grease had hardened, the spring despite 30 years of compression is like new.
She will now serve 223 with bullet feeder.😎

sans titre.jpg

I had a similar experience with a "reserve "1050. Mine was a super 1050. You have me beat with 30 years though, mine was boxed for about 20 years. I picked it up off a guy on craigslist who bought new and never used it. I didnt really believe him but when we met the package was still sealed. I obviously asked to open it to make sure there was indeed a 1050 in the box. He agreed and admitted he never even cut the tape on the box. Fedex or ups label read 1998 or 2000, cant quite remember exactly the date but it was at the latest year 2000. Press was like above. Zip tied shut and had factory grease on it, looked prestine.. One part was rusted and junked. I believe it was the powder funnel but i swapped it with a MR bullet feeder funnel and didnt need the one part junked anyway.

Cool - That is Cool to see a NIB RL built 30 years ago....To think in today’s day about this - For someone to have the funding to purchase multiple $2000 loaders and also a “reserve” machine is someone who knows where to invest their money......I had to save for four months to buy one RL1100......

By looking at the picture I am guessing that Dillon did not provide these machines “with a complete set of dies” from the factory 30 years ago.....

Edited by Sigarmsp226

''By looking at the picture I am guessing that Dillon did not provide these machines “with a complete set of dies” from the factory 30 years ago.....''

Hello

At the time the press was delivered complete with the tools.

Edited by cool