Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it time for a little rule adjustment.

johes

On 1/29/2020 at 7:02 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

If we’re honest about it, there’s nothing stock nor production about these guns.

They were custom designed to squeeze just within the rules of specific divisions in USPSA/IPSC. They are *absolutely* race guns... they’re just built for the stock-ish division instead of Open.

<Devil’s Advocate>

Umm... They’re mass production, stock guns. They’re just nice mass produced stock guns. I don’t see how this is any different from 2011’s that are legal in IDPA. 

On 1/29/2020 at 7:07 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Definitely. (And this is coming from a Walther guy.)

Personally, if king for a day, I’d set the production and SSP weight limits to whatever lets a  Beretta 92FS or a factory CZ-75B play, but which ruled out the heavyweight guns with rails... including the original Shadow.

So that, you know, actual guns people carried on duty or might wear concealed were closer to the upper end of the choices in these divisions.

Want to shoot a heavy race gun? Excellent. We have ESP in one sport, and Limited/Open in the other. 😁

Lots of people carry guns with rails. Do you want to actually ID a threat? You should be running a WML which requires a rail. 

I won’t carry a gun without a rail. 

1 hour ago, Ontos said:

Umm... They’re mass production, stock guns. They’re just nice mass produced stock guns. I don’t see how this is any different from 2011’s that are legal in IDPA. 

2011's are only allowed in the "Enhanced" (aka Limited) division. SSP is spiritually closer to Production.

4 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

So you point a loaded handgun at a person to see if he's a threat?

No... Because you don’t have to.  With an 800-1k lumen WML you have more than enough spill to provide illumination for ID without muzzling the target. 

9 minutes ago, Ontos said:

No... Because you don’t have to.  With an 800-1k lumen WML you have more than enough spill to provide illumination for ID without muzzling the target. 

Semantics.  You have a weapon out at low ready yet you don't know if a threat is in front of you......

LOL  good luck in court

2 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Semantics.  You have a weapon out at low ready yet you don't know if a threat is in front of you......

LOL  good luck in court

I’m not saying that it’s a replacement for a handheld in terms of everyday flashlight needs, but if you need to have your gun out a WML is absolutely superior in every meaningful way over a handheld. 

On 11/25/2020 at 3:59 PM, matteekay said:

2011's are only allowed in the "Enhanced" (aka Limited) division. SSP is spiritually closer to Production.

Well, I do have a .45 2011 that I can shoot in CDP.

And I think SSP is spiritually closer to Production than actual Production under current rules of both outfits.