Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trimmer for Dillon 1050

nate89

I have been reloading on a Dillon 650 for many years (and Lee before that).  I recently came across a lightly used Dillon 1050 at a great price.  I have been wanting to process/load for 223/300BLK at a faster rate than the Giraud tri way trimmer and Dillon Swager that I currently use.  The last piece of equipment I need to get is a trimmer.  I was planning on just getting the Dillon dies for 223/300 and the RT1500, but then I came across the MK7 Bosch trimmer kit.  It looks like it comes with the die and everything needed for $350, which would save some money over the dillon.  I have read about using the routers with an adapter in the past, and reviews looked promising.  I would love some feedback from anyone using this trimmer.  Also, would this set-up not require me to get a short trim toolhead for the 300 blackout?  If not, that would also be a big savings.

Link to trimmer

Thanks much in advance.

Dillon has a max of 5,000 RPMs per their people the phone. Any and all Bosch units start at 10K (Peak of 25K) for any of their models they offer.

That alone made me recently purchase the set up from mark 7. The hope is that is creates smaller chips to deal with on the suction end for 300 blackout conversion.

Should have it here in the next day or so. Ill report back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2020 at 3:23 AM, RGA said:

Yes, my MK7 trimmer came with the Dillon manifold en Dillon trim dies. It is a beast!

I added a picture showing the Mk7 and Dillon RT1200.

Mark7 versus Dillon RT1200.jpg

Im having issues with chips coming out of that slot when converting 223 - 300 blackout. The manifold doesnt run that high on the collar. Im trying to find someone who makes a larger manifold but im coming up empty.

Are you having that issue?

hello Maximis228,

I only trim .223 and .308 so I do not have that issue.

What you could try is to take off the connector piece of the router (outlined red) and then you can manipulate the height of the cutter itself. Maybe then you can place the trimmer lower on the die.

MK7_trimmer.jpg

Edited by RGA

4 hours ago, RGA said:

hello Maximis228,

I only trim .223 and .308 so I do not have that issue.

What you could try is to take off the connector piece of the router (outlined red) and then you can manipulate the height of the cutter itself. Maybe then you can place the trimmer lower on the die.

MK7_trimmer.jpg

The trimmer needs to run that far down for 300 blackout conversion. Other collar adapters made by Titan and Fast & Friendly brass dont have the slot that this mark 7 one does.

I have a boring bar on order to see if that works as the carbide bit kinda of pushes the brass shavings up and not out like a boring bar would. This is causing brass to be sucked up into the router and creating excessive heat within a 30-40 cases. As well as spitting brass all over the place. I have a 4.5 HP shop va hooked up. I dont see how a stronger unit would do much better.