Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What holster do you use for 3gun?

kcin

18 minutes ago, NoKimberDave said:

Been using a GLS now too. For both a CZ TSO and a P-10F. Mounted right on belt. I've moved away from hangers.

I'll have to give it a shot without the hanger, I have been using the aandabooks one since I bought the holster. Do you use a QLS clip or slide the holster through the belt?

5 minutes ago, Armedinmd said:

I'll have to give it a shot without the hanger, I have been using the aandabooks one since I bought the holster. Do you use a QLS clip or slide the holster through the belt?

Yes, it is mounted to a QLS. I like the higher ride. You get belt loaded up and with a hanger and full mag gun just feels like it's flopping around in the wind. And .2 on my draw isn't going to have me beating the field unfortunately, heh.

Als worked great for years but the locking mechanism eventually wore after 1,000's of draws and could be bypassed. Now running a GLS and loving it. Added plus is plenty of pistols can be ran out of the same holster.

I screwed up the hood on one of our WRS holsters the other day trying to make it easier to deactivate.  I called Blade-tech for parts and they don't sell them.  I was able to buy a new hood kit for $29 from a vendor.  When I was talking to the customer service girl, she said they no longer do anything custom either.  As an example, the last couple holsters  I ordered, I requested no threadlocker.  I told her the competative shooter is a DIY kind of person and we would like to just order parts from a website, like Dillon precision.  She said she would pass it along but they are not doing that at this time.  I did not know they moved to Ohio either.

I am not sure I will be going with Blade Tech anymore in the future.  I think I will look at Red Hill Tactical for the next holster.  They have holsters with hoods.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used a Blackhawk Serpa that I modified the release on for the last 12 years. I had to do a little grinding and fitting with a heat gun to get my STI Eagle to fit in it properly. Now it works with my 1911 and 2011. I have crawled through pipes, hung upside down on ropes at BRM3g, got into and out of vehicles, used it with slung long guns and many other challenges in some very physical matches. Never had a problem or even worried about losing my pistol. 

Hurley

I am looking for a Safariland GLS holster for the CZ shadow 2.  I have a 579 long holster which fits my Glock 34.  Some blogs have said that the same holster will fit the CZ Shadow 2.  But it seems too snug.  Has anyone tried the Safariland Wide and Long 578 or 579 holster for the CZ S2?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Nerd pistol coffin is designed for 3gun.  They even had a warranty claim that if your gun fell out and you were DQ'd from a major match, they would reimburst your match fees.  After watching my buddy get DQ'd for such an event, I boight the pistol coffin.