Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Threaded barrels legal?

Rvajma

I have a STI Tactical Host 2011 in 9mm that I use for Carry Optics.  From the breech face it is 4 7/8" to the crown.  It barely fits in the box, but I was told it was not legal even though I do not see anything in the rules.

no prohibition on threaded barrels.  2011's are def allowed in ESP and thus CO.  maybe you're running afoul of this rule: Heavy or cone style barrels allowed on firearms with barrel lengths of 4.25” or less.  if someone tells you 'no,' ask them for the rule section.

Edited by davsco

2 hours ago, davsco said:

no prohibition on threaded barrels.  2011's are def allowed in ESP and thus CO.  maybe you're running afoul of this rule: Heavy or cone style barrels allowed on firearms with barrel lengths of 4.25” or less.  if someone tells you 'no,' ask them for the rule section.

It isn't a bull barrel, it has a bushing.

4 hours ago, bret said:

It isn't a bull barrel, it has a bushing.

well then i'm not seeing where it isn't legal, again ask whomever said 'no' to show you where.  my 5" sti eagle bushing barrel is legal in esp (and thus co if i had a dot) if i remove the add on magwell.

1 hour ago, davsco said:

well then i'm not seeing where it isn't legal, again ask whomever said 'no' to show you where.  my 5" sti eagle bushing barrel is legal in esp (and thus co if i had a dot) if i remove the add on magwell.

You can have a magwell in ESP and Carry Optics, if it fits the box.

Many 2011's are most often purposed for 3 gun or USPSA Limited where there are less restrictions, these guns are usually very heavy and most people assume that they are generally not allowed in IDPA. But the IDPA rules define the characteristics, not the make and model (like the USPSA Production Approved list). 

So as long as it fits in the rules, it is a GO!!