• 6 moa
    • 8 moa
    • 10 moa

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:05 PM, 2Alphamikenoshoot said:

That would have to be a 24Moa dot lol If we are saying the standard from shoulder to shoulder is 12.”

What’s the biggest dot they Make? A 12 maybe on the cmore? I don’t even know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I've seen a 16 MOA diode for a Cmore, but I could be wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

in process of setting up a open pin gun.. Will be used exclusively for shooting bowling pins at 10 yards.
Looking at the Holoson 407,, 2MOA and wondering if I will like it. Have very little dot experience, but always used 6MOA as that seemed to be the consensus. Although tat was for USPSA,,,
Folks seem to thing the multi selections on the 507 are a waste of money as everyone just ends up using the dot as the circle is too big.
Looks like the other alternative is an 8MOA circle, but that seems kinda wierd.
Need to order a mount. Sight will be frame mounted... Choices now are down to a Venom 6 moa or Holosun 407.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello: I think it depends on your eyes and what the area is like where you are shooting. When I lived in a high desert area I liked a larger dot module. It had very open spaces and light colored ground cover. Where I live now there is grass, trees and some dark dirt. I am using a smaller dot module and shooting better with it. I voted for a 4MOA dot since that is what I am using for USPSA pistol matches now. For steel I use either a 8 or 12 for pistols. Thanks, Eric

Ran a 6moa slide ride for years and recently switched to a 2moa 510c. The change to the smaller dot has made attaining same level of accuracy and shot calling much easier without affecting speed. I’m a big fan of the small dot. 

On 2/8/2020 at 9:05 PM, 2Alphamikenoshoot said:

That would have to be a 24Moa dot lol If we are saying the standard from shoulder to shoulder is 12.”

What’s the biggest dot they Make? A 12 maybe on the cmore? I don’t even know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-More offers a 16 moa diode.  I use one in Steel Challenge and like it.  I tried it for action steel matches and felt like the dot was too big so I sold it and switched to a 12 moa which I like.  But, in the never-ending quest for perfection, I've recently switched to a Holosun 510c that I mounted horizontally.  I really like the circle dot combination but don't think it's quite bright enough in the Florida sun.  I previously tried a 507c and liked the 32 moa circle w/2 moa dot combo but didn't like the small size window.  I think my ideal would be the large 510c window with the 32 moa/2moa 507c circle dot combo.  But, it's like my wife sometimes says, "There's just no pleasing you, is there?"

I have used a 8 MOA on my open gun for about 20 years- worked well for me.

Like 6 MOA for red dot on CO pistol- vortex, DDP, RTS2 do fine for me. Can pick up the dot quickly. 

Like 8MOA on steel challenge 22 pistol.

• 1 month later...