Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What size moa

sauza45

What size moa  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We sell about 60 % 8 MOA to 40 % 6 MOA on our optics if that helps. You can't go wrong with either but I personally like the brighter 8 MOA dot under the desert sun and don't find that there is any accuracy issue given the distances we shoot in IPSC and USPSA

Edited by FTP_Shooting_Sports

Started with slideride 6 moa then went to the 510c with 2.5 moa and felt the trade off of glass size vs dot size wasn’t worth it.

Jumped to the SRO 5 moa and it’s been great but after seeing the Romeo 3 XL 6 moa that’s where I’m headed next, should be best of both worlds.  Hoping it ships in the next couple weeks!

14 hours ago, tke37617 said:

I'm using the Holosun with the 65 moa ring and 2 moa center dot (I think this is the center dot size).  

Target acquisition is much easier and faster.

I liked that setup for Steel, but found it to be way too busy for partial and tuxedo shots forcing a slower pace 

Ive heard the question come up a lot.
What size MOA dot should i go with? Its shooter preference. With that being said, for action shooting, generally bigger is better in my opinion. 6 MOA dot is covering 6 inches at 100 so 1.25 inches at 25. Which for action pistol, isnt that significant. I know a lot of guys even running 8 MOA dots or bigger. With a smaller dot, you pick up every minute movement in the gun. For a 2.5 or 3MOA i felt that i could not accept wobble on the smaller dot. It helped to increase the dot size. And i didnt notice it as much. I also felt that it was easier to pick the dot up shooting on the move, and coming into positions hard, having to mount the gun again when my shooting position wasnt the most stable. Yong Lee is a GM carry optics shooter who I've listened to on several podcasts who said, "dont hold your dot to a higher standard than iron sights." What he meant by that is, your wobble on irons youd accept it, or wouldnt be able to perceive micro movements in the pistol as much. With a smaller dot especially, you pick up every micro movement in the gun. Which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but can be distracting if youre a perfectionist like me. Im definitely more of a tactical turtle type shooter. And it took me a long time to break through that shoot safe and get good points mentality. I still shoot too conservatively. You are able to refine quickly what you need to refine in order to get good hits on targets at distance, or smaller targets, or high risk targets (no shoots and tuxedos). So what ive been doing is running the 3MOA dot on my back up gun and doing dry fires on that. And for matches Ive been running the Romeo 3Max with 6MOA dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running a 6 but sometimes wished I had a dot that almost went shoulder to shoulder at 50 Yards.

That would have to be a 24Moa dot lol If we are saying the standard from shoulder to shoulder is 12.”

What’s the biggest dot they Make? A 12 maybe on the cmore? I don’t even know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk