Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 approved for Single Stack?

bret

With the poly grip the old Wilson 5 ounce(4.5 ounces actual) tungsten guide rod would make weight for SS Div. Next someone will suggest allowing double stack grips with spacer plates to allow just single stack mags to be legal.

Rich

2 hours ago, RIIID said:

With the poly grip the old Wilson 5 ounce(4.5 ounces actual) tungsten guide rod would make weight for SS Div. Next someone will suggest allowing double stack grips with spacer plates to allow just single stack mags to be legal.

Rich

Why wouldn't that be legal?

17 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Having a double stack sized grip sort of goes against the idea of single stack, no?

It would be a huge advantage to be able to use a widebody grip.

using a 2011 in single stack goes against the idea of single stack, but it got approved.

I don't care what they approve but they should follow the rules, I don't see how a plastic gripped 2011 in single stack is better than a steel framed real 1911, but I guess STI has to get some of their guns in USPSA since they dumped the open and limited line pretty much, they must be tired of replacing guns when they break.

20 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Having a double stack sized grip sort of goes against the idea of single stack, no?

It would be a huge advantage to be able to use a widebody grip.

I can see a little advantage to a wide-body grip maybe but I shoot 1911 size guns better due to my hand size a bigger grip would not help me.

I can maybe see reloads being a little easier but not much if it's still a single stack magazine.  We already have huge magwells for single stack guns.

10 minutes ago, bret said:

using a 2011 in single stack goes against the idea of single stack, but it got approved.

I don't care what they approve but they should follow the rules, I don't see how a plastic gripped 2011 in single stack is better than a steel framed real 1911, but I guess STI has to get some of their guns in USPSA since they dumped the open and limited line pretty much, they must be tired of replacing guns when they break.

They are following the rules. The rules say it has to have a metal frame, it does. 

9 minutes ago, rustychev said:

I can see a little advantage to a wide-body grip maybe but I shoot 1911 size guns better due to my hand size a bigger grip would not help me.

I can maybe see reloads being a little easier but not much if it's still a single stack magazine.  We already have huge magwells for single stack guns.

I was meaning mostly for reloads, not because of the size of the grip.

1 minute ago, waktasz said:

They are following the rules. The rules say it has to have a metal frame, it does. 

my infinity has a metal frame too, I should be able to shoot it in single stack if i use single stack mags.

After thinking about this from what I've seen all Troy really said was a modular frame and plastic grip did not disqualify it.  He did not say it fit.  How long is the dust cover.

All I'm saying is see if it fits all the rules.

Well, I don't think we'll see to many of them. At least not for a while. The grip is shaped differently than a 1911, I imagine there's not a lot of race parts.

The mag release is different than a government model, I looked around for a customer and find nothing.

I've not tried, but I'd be surprised if there's a mag well that works. A techwell is out, anyone try a Dawson?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk