Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ergonomic benefit of RRK

Bench

I've done some searching here for benefits of the RRK and off it goes into the weeds with out any specific mention of benefits with regard to what I'm looking for. Since I have fingers that are kind of like spider legs, long and skinny is that 5.0mm set back of any benefit for those of us that don't have "stubby" fingers? From reading the web site the overall trigger travel isn't changed so I'd much rather spend the lesser amount for just the 85 trigger (I'm growing increasingly grumpy re: the stock SP-01 trigger) and be off and running to the next modification. Thanks All.

I have this trigger:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/75585-85c-old-style-trigger/

In Black I really like that the double action trigger is set back as i am always starting in double action for competition.

it is USPSA production legal but for IDPA it puts you into ESP.

There is a flash light in the trigger but for reference that is where the double action reset is at. I think it is a big difference. 

SP01.thumb.JPG.39e4444faac1db1cdf59d22abb3c0b7e.JPG

2 hours ago, Andy9 said:

I have this trigger:

In Black I really like that the double action trigger is set back as i am always starting in double action for competition.

There is a flash light in the trigger but for reference that is where the double action reset is at. I think it is a big difference. 

That is the one that I have ordered thinking that it has to be better than the stock curved one. Thanks for the pic of your pistol. I have yet to put grit on support hand thumb area as you have. Also, what sights are on your pistol? That's the next change in this SP-01 project of mine.

i had to focus more on my trigger press after shortening things up since i naturally put my finger farther in after the change. im fine with where the trigger STARTS stock i just didnt want such a long travel trigger. it shortens things up quite a bit.

19 hours ago, Andy9 said:

I have this trigger:

What kind of grips are those?  They look awesome

Benefit is for us with shorter fingers getting the tip of finger right where it needs to be on initial contact. 
best thing I did for me. Now I’m interested in the flat trigger from CZC combined with RRK. 
never been a fan of hooked triggers