Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Palmetto AR-V PCC announced.

6 hours ago, jpm2953 said:

Replacing the extractor spring with the BCM upgrade spring(with the rubber post) fixed mine. 

Did you use the oring?

Also here is another view of my ejector. It looks rolled over.

arv_issue (2).JPG

arv_issue (3).JPG

arv-ejector (1).JPG

arv-ejector (2).JPG

Edited by mrvip27
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Just built up my AR-V. Having troubles ejecting rounds. Extractor will pull the rounds from the chamber, just not eject it out.

Does my ejector look to far away from the bolt face?

arv_issue (1)v2.jpg

Yes, that ejector need adjustment. 

If it's new I would get a replacement

21 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Just built up my AR-V. Having troubles ejecting rounds. Extractor will pull the rounds from the chamber, just not eject it out.

Does my ejector look to far away from the bolt face?

arv_issue (1)v2.jpg

It's waaaaay too far over......from your other pics, looks rolled over. Take a pliers and tweak it back towards the center., closer to the side of the bolt

Trying to get a hold of PSA but they just want me to send the whole gun in or just the bolt. Trying to see if they will send me an ejector.

*EDIT* They refused to send me a new ejector. I need to send the whole firearm in. I just want a replacement ejector to test out before sending the gun in. But they won't do that.

Going to take a look at the ejector and see what I can do.

Edited by mrvip27
On 8/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, mrvip27 said:

Trying to get a hold of PSA but they just want me to send the whole gun in or just the bolt. Trying to see if they will send me an ejector.

*EDIT* They refused to send me a new ejector. I need to send the whole firearm in. I just want a replacement ejector to test out before sending the gun in. But they won't do that.

Going to take a look at the ejector and see what I can do.

just try to bend it over236964854_531641174717365_6504774176471419928_n.thumb.jpg.e23a2c2de0d28ad83c2b535571624fdf.jpg

On 7/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, MoRivera said:

Man....if they were able to make an AR-V lower that would work with a CMMG RDB upper.......I'd be in heaven.  Albeit, that's a bit redundant since the PMAG-inserts specifically for the RDG work great.  But if you want more than 30-rds/mag....it'd be kind of the best of both worlds.

You can run Glock mags with CMMG RDB! I run the Stern adapter in my full auto AR with extended Glock mags. Just take off the ejector and bolt hold open from the the Stern adapter. It runs great. I’ve also been told the Sylvan works also but have not tried it. JD  

On 8/13/2021 at 7:25 AM, TRUBL said:

just try to bend it over236964854_531641174717365_6504774176471419928_n.thumb.jpg.e23a2c2de0d28ad83c2b535571624fdf.jpg

I bent it over and test fired it today. Shot perfect and launching those motha bleepers out like no tomorrow.

Appreciate it! I am looking forward to shooting it more.

Edited by mrvip27
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 10:31 PM, JDIllon said:

You can run Glock mags with CMMG RDB! I run the Stern adapter in my full auto AR with extended Glock mags. Just take off the ejector and bolt hold open from the the Stern adapter. It runs great. I’ve also been told the Sylvan works also but have not tried it. JD  

Interesting.  I have a Stern adapter (which I used in my main PCC before getting a CMMG RDB system), and yeah I can see that you have a little adjustment with how high it sits in the receiver's magwell.  I already have the Mag inserts for the RDB system and they work great....only thing I'd really be gaining with Glock mags is greater capacity than 30 rds when shooting steel or such.

Really like the curved true double-stacks CZ Scorpion mags though, especially the 35-rd ones made by PSA.

Edited by MoRivera
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, tk4 said:

How does the ARV do with feeding hollow points?

Also does it feed while using the mag as a monopod?  My ar9 with colt mags will not.

Interesting ask... have not tried HPs as all my rounds are RN.  It probably depends on which barrel you are using.  I have not heard anything about Taccom barrels (since they have the "superfeed" option), but I know that Wiland recomments not using the Federal Syntech 150gr as it doesn't feed well.  That ammo is not HP but FP and I imagine it would be similar.

I can't speek to the factory barrel as I built my AR-V from scratch and for a specific purpose.

15 minutes ago, bigdawgbeav said:

Interesting ask... have not tried HPs as all my rounds are RN.  It probably depends on which barrel you are using.  I have not heard anything about Taccom barrels (since they have the "superfeed" option), but I know that Wiland recomments not using the Federal Syntech 150gr as it doesn't feed well.  That ammo is not HP but FP and I imagine it would be similar.

I can't speek to the factory barrel as I built my AR-V from scratch and for a specific purpose.

I think you are running our super feed barrel......I've been able to get HP's to work fine (even HST's).....but I've not done a steady diet of them. Also......I still stand by the fact that HP's and 9mm AR's don't play well together. HOWEVER.....you'll have the best chance of feeding HP's with TACCOM barrels.

2 hours ago, TRUBL said:

I think you are running our super feed barrel......I've been able to get HP's to work fine (even HST's).....but I've not done a steady diet of them. Also......I still stand by the fact that HP's and 9mm AR's don't play well together. HOWEVER.....you'll have the best chance of feeding HP's with TACCOM barrels.

Well, I am, but I don't know what barrel the previous poster is running/looking to run.  If I was building/buying an AR-V for home defense then I would certainly be testing different ammo types in the barrel for reliability.  

On 10/9/2021 at 10:17 AM, tk4 said:

I am hoping it is reliable with hollow points and will shoot with the weapon resting on the mag like my scorpion, but with ar ergonomics and trigger options.

I think it will be fine! If you use the Tac Com barrel with the upper bullet guide? The ARV has it's own guide rams built in and they work great. JD

On 10/15/2021 at 9:56 AM, JDIllon said:

What triggers? I have been running Hyperfire? Tim did you get the Hyperfire to work with BHO?  JD

I am not a fan of hyperfire at all......but BHO will work with no issues on the ARV and the hyperfire

46 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

I am not a fan of hyperfire at all......but BHO will work with no issues on the ARV and the hyperfire

NICE to KNOW! I love the Hyperfire! but they are very spendy. I decided to try one of PSAs drop in 3.5 lbs on sale for 99.00.

I was going to take a Hyperfire out of one of my other guns and try it? Now! if I am not happy with the PSA, I will swop it out with the PSA. JD

• 2 weeks later...