Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Palmetto AR-V PCC announced.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes - only weight - so I have four ULW barrel wanted to try XLW vs ULW vs 10/16 Taccom barrels.  Accuracy wise I see no difference in SC - speed wise the LW barrels are faster by a smidge. Between the LW barrels close, but I have a sub 5 lb. AR-9! 

On 6/11/2021 at 6:26 PM, Texaspaul said:

yes - only weight - so I have four ULW barrel wanted to try XLW vs ULW vs 10/16 Taccom barrels.  Accuracy wise I see no difference in SC - speed wise the LW barrels are faster by a smidge. Between the LW barrels close, but I have a sub 5 lb. AR-9! 

how is the 10/16 barrel?

Great balance - great accuracy - lighter weight.  I have a full upper I swap out with the ULW upper - but am building a new gun with a Tennessee Arms lower - love TA's lowers - work great and light weight - no LRBHO is only issue!

11 hours ago, StripedLizard said:

Has this been tested with the magnetic delay system?

yes.....it's no different than a glock set up in that respect. I will say that with the improved flat wire spring.....it's working great with 115, 124 and 147 grain ammo

On the TACCOm barrels for the ARV platform......You will need to have us cut off the lower feed ramp as the ARV has a cone shaped feed ramp built into the lower to feed from the true double stack magazine, and if you want to use the supper feed insert, you'll need to send the ARV bolt into us for modification (free of charge) and we typically turn that around in a day or two.

Started the new build.  Have to wait for the Taccom XLW barrel and for the bolt to come back.  Also waiting for a ratcheting castle nut since I didn't want to stake and didn't want the nut to possibly come loose.  I know it's a slim chance, but my luck it'll happen in the middle of a match and something breaks.

2021-06-14 17.21.25.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine finally done like I wanted. I started having some FTE when I installed the blitzkrieg buffer and the 308 carbine spring with my 138 pf loads. I went to a standard AR15 carbine spring and that issue seems to have gone away. 

Really enjoying the gun. Getting close to 2,000 rounds on it now. 

IMG_6913.JPG

one thing I am finding out about the ARV........you can short stroke this beast and still have LRBHO, if that's that important to you. Now, some triggers will reset better than others when you go to short stroke this to the extreme......I've been having good luck with the JP trigger and a triggertech, I am short stroking so that the face of the bolt just comes behind the BHO feature......hyperfire didn't even begin to rest at that point.

Also......you may want to pay attention to the extractor spring. That is all they come with, a spring....no donut, no rubber post. I installed a milspec extractor spring and the rubber post......ZERO issues.

Edited by TRUBL
13 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

one thing I am finding out about the ARV........you can short stroke this beast and still have LRBHO, if that's that important to you. Now, some triggers will reset better than others when you go to short stroke this to the extreme......I've been having good luck with the JP trigger and a triggertech, I am short stroking so that the face of the bolt just comes behind the BHO feature......hyperfire didn't even begin to rest at that point.

Also......you may want to pay attention to the extractor spring. That is all they come with, a spring....no donut, no rubber post. I installed a milspec extractor spring and the rubber post......ZERO issues.

Is one brand better than another for the spring and post? The sprinco kit the right one? 

On 7/17/2021 at 7:52 AM, jpm2953 said:

Is one brand better than another for the spring and post? The sprinco kit the right one? 

no clue on the sprinco kit, taccom has an extractor that comes with a pin, milspec spring and rubber post

26 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

no clue on the sprinco kit, taccom has an extractor that comes with a pin, milspec spring and rubber post

Thanks for the reminder.  Got my parts kit and still have to make that swap.  Is your firing pin better than the stock?

On 7/19/2021 at 8:51 AM, bigdawgbeav said:

Thanks for the reminder.  Got my parts kit and still have to make that swap.  Is your firing pin better than the stock?

probably the same firing pin......that being said, we've had VERY good service with our present firing pin offering.....but you know how it goes, if you have a spare...you'll never break one.

Man....if they were able to make an AR-V lower that would work with a CMMG RDB upper.......I'd be in heaven.  Albeit, that's a bit redundant since the PMAG-inserts specifically for the RDG work great.  But if you want more than 30-rds/mag....it'd be kind of the best of both worlds.

2 hours ago, TRUBL said:

probably the same firing pin......that being said, we've had VERY good service with our present firing pin offering.....but you know how it goes, if you have a spare...you'll never break one.

Meh... changed both parts anyway.  Honestly the hardest part was putting the clip back in that holds the firing pin.  The little bitch tried to bend on me and had to get a small punch to push that one leg up.  Felt like I needed 3 hands for it.  The extractor swap was very easy.

8 minutes ago, bigdawgbeav said:

Meh... changed both parts anyway.  Honestly the hardest part was putting the clip back in that holds the firing pin.  The little bitch tried to bend on me and had to get a small punch to push that one leg up.  Felt like I needed 3 hands for it.  The extractor swap was very easy.

Yeah that can happen on a lot of AR-based bolt carriers.  I eventually just got a feel for it and use the punch to help guide it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just built up my AR-V. Having troubles ejecting rounds. Extractor will pull the rounds from the chamber, just not eject it out.

Does my ejector look to far away from the bolt face?

arv_issue (1)v2.jpg

Edited by mrvip27
1 hour ago, mrvip27 said:

Just built up my AR-V. Having troubles ejecting rounds. Extractor will pull the rounds from the chamber, just not eject it out.

Does my ejector look to far away from the bolt face?

arv_issue (1)v2.jpg

Replacing the extractor spring with the BCM upgrade spring(with the rubber post) fixed mine.