Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on PSA’s Glock 19 copy

scduckman03

The make or break for me is if the frame size is the same as factory Glock. Seems like the polymer construction of the frame makes it pretty hard to be copied with the same strength/size as factory guns. Machining metal is one thing, copying their proprietary polymer is another. 

6 hours ago, SweetToof said:

The make or break for me is if the frame size is the same as factory Glock. Seems like the polymer construction of the frame makes it pretty hard to be copied with the same strength/size as factory guns. Machining metal is one thing, copying their proprietary polymer is another. 

what about the 80 & 100% frames?

Of course every manufacturer is selling a version of the Glock now,  just with some refinements.

Mossberg missed a great opportunity to call their version the Mock [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

I would be hesitant to pick a first release before I see someone reputable do an extensive test on one. It’s nice to let a new design be on the market for a while to workout the bugs, but the only problem with that is that once a gun is proven and vetted the price usually goes up!

26 minutes ago, Charlestiller said:

I would be hesitant to pick a first release before I see someone reputable do an extensive test on one. It’s nice to let a new design be on the market for a while to workout the bugs, but the only problem with that is that once a gun is proven and vetted the price usually goes up!

Especially true with PSA...I love the company and the balance they’ve hit in quality and price, but some of their offerings have been known to have problems in the first gen.