Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bul Armory

gearguywb

Checked them out at Shot.  Frankly I was very impressed with what I saw on display, especially given the price point.

These could end up being a major player in the competitive world, especially as STI leaving is going to leave something of a vacuum. 

Full disclosure....I have no dog in this fight :)

Checked them out at Shot.  Frankly I was very impressed with what I saw on display, especially given the price point.

These could end up being a major player in the competitive world, especially as STI leaving is going to leave something of a vacuum. 

Full disclosure....I have no dog in this fight [emoji4]
?? STI leaving ??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, 223to45 said:

?? STI leaving ??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

STI has basically dropped anything from their lineup that is solely intended for competition shooting. They are going after the tactical/LEO/Military markets pretty heavily now. I like the look and prices that BUL is showing, hopefully they can get more dealers in the states in 2020.

18 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

STI has basically dropped anything from their lineup that is solely intended for competition shooting. They are going after the tactical/LEO/Military markets pretty heavily now. I like the look and prices that BUL is showing, hopefully they can get more dealers in the states in 2020.

If STI is going after the LEO market they better do something different.  There are a lot of manufactures going after that market. 

1 hour ago, Hperea said:

If STI is going after the LEO market they better do something different.  There are a lot of manufactures going after that market. 

It’s apparently what is making them money. If you go look at the STI 2020 Staccato Lineup thread, Buck - who works for STI, talks about why they’ve made that move. He said that there had been a significant drop off in sales of the competition lineup from years past, which is why they dropped most of those models.

I just purchased a BUl armory SAS II ultralight. Pretty impressed so far. It is great having that small of a carry gun with a full-size 2011 grip that holds 19 rounds. With all of the Bul Armory guns I have held, it seems it will be hard to find a better value for the money.

My buddy has one of the 4" models (I forget which one) and is a dealer for them (it's an Israeli thing).  I was able to put a couple of rounds thru it and he has shot it at the local Sunday night match.  It's a very nice pistol with little to no work needed out of the box for an average shooter.  

As per the OP, I have no dog in the fight at all.  

I just had one on my workbench... it was one of the more expensive models with the E² triggergroup

frame slide fit was (verry) good

triggerjob was (verry) good

fit of the barrel... would be good for a 1000 euro pistol, not for a 4K pistol. barrel locks up on the link and the barrel had vertical play in the slide (comped barrel).

just my 2 cents

46 minutes ago, stardust tommy said:

I just had one on my workbench... it was one of the more expensive models with the E² triggergroup

frame slide fit was (verry) good

triggerjob was (verry) good

fit of the barrel... would be good for a 1000 euro pistol, not for a 4K pistol. barrel locks up on the link and the barrel had vertical play in the slide (comped barrel).

just my 2 cents

Well I guess that "looks are deceiving" sometimes.  Overall I thinks they are good pistols now the question is, how is the warranty and customer service?

3 hours ago, stardust tommy said:

SPS is even worse than BUL

LOL..I agree that they are not at the top, but not at the button either.

How bad are BUL that you are compering them with SPS? I ask because they look like really good pistols. I didn’t know they were that bad. Are they? 

34 minutes ago, Hperea said:

LOL..I agree that they are not at the top, but not at the button either.

How bad are BUL that you are compering them with SPS? I ask because they look like really good pistols. I didn’t know they were that bad. Are they? 

from  desem. 2018   they started to fit barrel lower lug by machine.and add much better QQ. it's totally different gun now.

I had a chance to handle and inspect the BUL Demo guns at the USPSA High Cap Nationals last year. The majority of them had good slide to frame fit and triggers, but the barrel lockup was poor. With the slide forward in the "Locked Up" position you could push down on the barrel hood and see it move downward quite a bit. I didn't get an opportunity to take the slide off the frame to see what the lower lugs really looked like, but from what I felt and seen it was a classic mistake of cutting the lower barrel lugs too high and the back part of the lower lug radius is climbing up the slide lock pin. That is a novice level barrel fitting mistake which shouldn't happen on a several thousand dollar competition gun. 

7 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

I had a chance to handle and inspect the BUL Demo guns at the USPSA High Cap Nationals last year. The majority of them had good slide to frame fit and triggers, but the barrel lockup was poor. With the slide forward in the "Locked Up" position you could push down on the barrel hood and see it move downward quite a bit. I didn't get an opportunity to take the slide off the frame to see what the lower lugs really looked like, but from what I felt and seen it was a classic mistake of cutting the lower barrel lugs too high and the back part of the lower lug radius is climbing up the slide lock pin. That is a novice level barrel fitting mistake which shouldn't happen on a several thousand dollar competition gun. 

i agree with u.

from this reason they start to fit them properly. and i hope they will continue to fit them properly.😀

6 hours ago, Hperea said:

I do not know why I think that there is/was a relation b/t STI and SPS...I thinks so too. 

If you mean "SPS copied STI when they didn't get a European patent", then yes.  Otherwise, no.

SPS... bad parts, bad fitted barrels, pinholes to big.

overall I think the Bul is a better choise than the SPS

If you are in Europe the STP is the best 1911/2011... or get a descent custum build... but I see a lot of bad fitted barrels from custom builders in Germany and the Netherlands. 

gr T

46 minutes ago, stardust tommy said:

SPS... bad parts, bad fitted barrels, pinholes to big.

overall I think the Bul is a better choise than the SPS

If you are in Europe the STP is the best 1911/2011... or get a descent custum build... but I see a lot of bad fitted barrels from custom builders in Germany and the Netherlands. 

gr T

I always thought the quality there was much better.😉