Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RL1100 Owners - Can you provide comments/feedback/likes/dislikes about this revised loaders design and features

Wanted to respectfully ask if anyone who has received their RL1100 loader can provide comments and/or feedback on this newly released unit....Especially if you are a loader that owns or has owned the RL1050 and/or Super1050....Thanks in advance for your comments and feedback...Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

My buddy just got his. Went over  to help setup because he’s never ran a 1050. To me the only difference between the s1050 that I have and his 1100 is the new primer spring deal from the old plastic and the press maybe a little smoother and his came  with the new casefeeder with the knob. Other than that it really looks just like my 1050. I guess people may like it cause it has a longer stoke go load some rifle stuff the 1050 can’t. Weight wise it feels about the same to me. To me it’s the same press with a couple new parts other than that it the same. 

I have three RL 1050s and just had another look at the 1100 at SHOT Show.  The difference in stroke is significant.  Maybe a good 10 to 15 degrees additional past vertical.  That makes for a long stretch and pull at the top.  For every single stroke.  It's enough that after 1k+ rounds, my back, shoulder and arm are going to be pretty miserable.  I guess if you're young and in decent shape, it probably won't bother you.  But for some of us, it makes a big difference. 

Edited by ltdmstr

2 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

I have three RL 1050s and just had another look at the 1100 at SHOT Show.  The difference in stroke is significant.  Maybe a good 10 to 15 degrees additional past vertical.  That makes for a long stretch and pull at the top.  For every single stroke.  It's enough that after 1k+ rounds, my back, shoulder and arm are going to be pretty miserable.  I guess if you're young and in decent shape, it probably won't bother you.  But for some of us, it makes a big difference. 

Is the strike longer on the 1050 or the 1100?

I'm not sure, but I believe the 1100's stroke is slightly longer than the Super's.  The Super will load .308 and the 1100 will load .30-06, so the toolhead has to travel higher, which means the crank has to rotate more as well.  So unless they changed the gearing on the bottom end, the stroke has to be longer.  Best thing to do is call and ask.

On 1/25/2020 at 12:06 PM, ltdmstr said:

Thank you ltdmstr! Some hands-on and eyeballs on "data" that mates solidly with what I'm seeing in videos and pictures at least. I appreciate you sharing your observations.